Flashlights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeti695

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont see any mention of the Maglite Magcharger!

It is a rechargable maglite in the size of a 3d cell model!

I think they have a led model now, but mine is oldschool!

It has a awesome spot, and adjustable beam to a flood pattern.

Like all good things, looks like they dropped the rl1019 led model!

My battery lasted about 15 years!
I need a new battery

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A pretty good light, I'm happy with it. If I lost it I would buy another.

Extra batteries aren't that expensive and depending on the use are probably a good thing

Streamlight ProTac HL 5-X​

Looks like Amazon has them for about $100.00

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Streamlight ProTac HL that I've had for almost a decade, and it will flat out throw some light downrange. I once used it to illuminate a skunk at close to 100 feet away (headed towards the hay barn) so I could cure it's lead deficiency with some 00 buck. I also had a Streamlight Stylus Pro that I carried for years until I misplaced it last week. (I'm hoping it's just rolling around under the seats in my truck; it is a handy little light, plus my youngest niece liked to chew on it while she was teething, so I'm kind of attached to that little thing.)

My current EDC flashlight is an Olight Baton3 rechargeable (Amazon link: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08LVG8PNL ). It's tiny (maybe 2" long and 3/4" in diameter), but it has some respectable (1,200 lumens, per the manufacturer) light output. It also has this nifty pocket clip that's in a kind of squished S shape so you can clip it facing either direction--I frequently clip it to the brim of my ballcap to use it as a head lamp.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stick with Streamlight or Surefire. They may cost more than those cheap Chinese lights, but their customer service is awesome.
I certainly agree with this. I do like my Fenix lights, they’re pretty great. But if I want something that I can trust, I buy either sure fire or stream light. For a good portable outdoor light I suggest the stream light stinger.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know a lot of guys have mentioned getting something rechargeable. I would advise against it, and I'll tell you why.

Years ago, I was assisting the local sheriff's department look for an escapee. I had my trusty Streamlight SL-20, rechargeable flashlight with me.

I probably didn't get 100 yards away from my car when the damned thing decided to DIE right then and there.

Like a scalded dog, I sauntered back to my car and called it a night, leaving with as much dignity as I could possibly muster.

A few months later, I was in a gun shop telling that story when a strapping young policeman walked up to me, saying he couldn't help hearing my story. He obviously knew my dilemma, saying I wasn't the first time he had heard that story, and introduced me to the Surefire 6P.

He went on to tell me how if I had been carrying a SF 6P that night, along with some extra batteries, I could have stayed in the hunt instead of having to bail.

Since that day, I've left the rechargeable lights on the shelf and I religiously carry a Surefire or Streamlight that runs on CR123 batts.

"But the batteries are so expensive" the masses cry out. Not really, because you can buy em buy the dozen for around 20 bucks or so.

Just something to consider...

VTDW1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love the Nebo! I have used mine for years hunting at night. It is small and the beam is adjustable as well. Unless someone puts a better one (and I am sure there are some) in my hands I doubt I will change.

you will find one that suits you and maybe Santa will put one in your stocking this year 😉

Latest posts

Top Bottom