Flathead Catfish

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JT708

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just recently moved to Enid from Bartlesville after a house fire and I know nothing about the area. I was wandering if they're any places around here to fish for flatheads, and does the Salt Fork have any dams on it? Or do I need to go back to my old stomping grounds around Bartlesville for flatheads?

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know nothing about the area that you are wanting to fish, but the picture below is to impressive not to post somewhere. There was a fishing tournament this past weekend on Lake Lawtonka and Lake Ellsworth in SW Oklahoma. A record 94.7 lb blue was caught on Lawtonka. For folks that are familiar with the lakes, the picture was taken at Lake Ellsworth which is where the check in station was located, but it was caught on Lawtonka.
363F8D66-38EA-41C0-A17E-CC2EC742138C.jpeg

DDriller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up fishing there and used to be a lot of big flatheads in the Salt Fork. Some high salinity water got in the river from somewhere are killed a lot of them several years ago. Don't know how they are doing now.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know nothing about the area that you are wanting to fish, but the picture below is to impressive not to post somewhere. There was a fishing tournament this past weekend on Lake Lawtonka and Lake Ellsworth in SW Oklahoma. A record 94.7 lb blue was caught on Lawtonka. For folks that are familiar with the lakes, the picture was taken at Lake Ellsworth which is where the check in station was located, but it was caught on Lawtonka.
View attachment 348557
Big OL Beautiful Catt!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up fishing there and used to be a lot of big flatheads in the Salt Fork. Some high salinity water got in the river from somewhere are killed a lot of them several years ago. Don't know how they are doing now.
I can tell you where some of the salinity comes from. This is on my place about 3 miles north of the lake, and there’s a bunch more alkali soil on the places around mine.
068A5131-0F38-4691-8002-99D256E48009.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom