Flinally blew the head gasket in my truck. <sigh>

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A buddy I worked with took his Toyota Camry to a salvage yard on NE 23 in OKC and they replaced his engine. That was 10 yrs ago and he is still driving it.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A buddy I worked with took his Toyota Camry to a salvage yard on NE 23 in OKC and they replaced his engine. That was 10 yrs ago and he is still driving it.

Do you know which one?? There are a BUNCH of salvage yards on NE 23rd. (Asking for a friend :blush::bolt:)

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
@tRidiot if Grumpy can do it you can!! :hey3: And much as it pains me to say it outloud where he can throw it back in my face later :blush::hey3: he is pretty good with mechanical stuff. The other guys are right about YouTube too. Grumpy will come in with a scowl on his face, muttering under his breath, watch a half hour of YouTube videos and then go back out. A little bit later he will come in with his chest stuck out like a banty rooster. "Thank God for YouTube" is all he will say while he is pouring a fresh DDP to celebrate! :sunbath::pms2:

Oh I know YouTube is a lifesaver... you know how many times I have watched a 'refresher' video in the middle of the night before performing some kind of procedure on someone??? lol

I am sure it gives people lots of comfort to know their doctor was refreshing with a YouTube video before putting in a central line or chest tube!

:eek2:

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it still starts and doesn't knock, make sure it is full of coolant and drive it back to your house. I have limped plenty of blown head gasket cars around. I wouldn't worry about preserving a core- they are cheap to come by and getting a salvage engine is your best bet anyway.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Oh I know YouTube is a lifesaver... you know how many times I have watched a 'refresher' video in the middle of the night before performing some kind of procedure on someone??? lol

I am sure it gives people lots of comfort to know their doctor was refreshing with a YouTube video before putting in a central line or chest tube!

I always wondered why it took the docs so long to show up in the ER.

Now I know they were in the back somewhere watching YouTube. [emoji16]

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan.

Some advice from the Tahoe/Yukon forum was to put in 2 bottles of blue head gasket sealer and see if it worked to buy me some time when I could continue to drive it while I hunt for a new motor. I've never heard of this stuff.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you can build an AR, you can fix a car. Just depends on how fast you need the car, and those GM motors are everywhere. I limped one for a good solid week with minimal driving of course and rebuilt the top end over a 3 day weekend and drove it from Memphis to OKC to trade in once I got my family back to our house. Minimal money spent, lots and lots of elbow grease and imagination.

It's worth a shot and the education you will receive could benefit you and others you know for the rest of your life. If I had to do it over again I would have made the same choices and invested a little more time into the motor and kept the vehicle.

Good luck!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Haha!! I asked a PCP about some weird thing I had going on at one appointment. She did some typing on the computer and then turned the screen around and showed me a google search. Same google search I had done the night before. :lmfao: Honest!! She got mad at me when I laughed and said if you will go to page 3 you will find a real interesting study. That's why I was asking! :lmfao::lmfao:

And honestly it makes me feel better that you guys DON'T think you are God after all! I'll wait all day until you are comfortable that you have your **** together! :drunk2::w000t::werd:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I look stuff up on my laptop all the time with patients there. Sometimes to find a med they have I don't recognize, or various things. A lot of times it's to show them some example, a picture or something. I don't keep any of those anatomical models in my office, you know of a spine or a knee joint or something to show people? I just google it and my touchscreen laptop lets me blow up pics to zoom in and show them, etc.

Tech is incredible.

AGI

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan.

Some advice from the Tahoe/Yukon forum was to put in 2 bottles of blue head gasket sealer and see if it worked to buy me some time when I could continue to drive it while I hunt for a new motor. I've never heard of this stuff.

I have used Blue Devil a few times in the past. It worked 2 out of 3 times...so it`s worth a shot to keep you going for a bit.

I would bring your truck home fairly quick. A family member just had his Chevy stolen near the airport. Found it mostly stripped down on the west side a day later. Lots of older gm trucks and suv`s get stolen on that side of town and stripped of anything they can sell quick :smack:

Latest posts

Top Bottom