Floaters, flashes and eye drops.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just putting in my eye drops a minute ago reminded me to share this........being diabetic and a old phart I have a standing every six month appointment with my ophthalmologist.

Several months back my occasional floaters became a little more frequent and every once in awhile I'd have a thin vertical split second flash of light, I was between six month appointments but I still immediately called my ophthalmologist and she got me in the next afternoon.

After telling her what was going on she gave me a very thorough eye exam and informed me that other than my eyes being a little dry that all was well and at my age floaters were to be expected to a certain degree.......big sigh of relief on my part.

Of all the eye drops on the market she told me to purchase "Refresh Optive Advanced" and to use them three times a day till things got better and then to use them twice daily afterwards.....after using them as told for six weeks or so my floaters all but disappeared and by using them twice daily ever since I haven't had a flash is so long I can't remember when the last one was.

Disclaimer: I don't have a degree in ophthalmology, I'm not giving medical advise, this is not a product endorsement and I'm only relaying my own personal experience.

If you have what you feel may be a lot of floaters you may want to give these eye drops a try........Wal Mart sells them for around $13.47 + tax for a .33 fl oz.

Refresh oa.jpg

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need to give it a try, I have issues with eye dryness at night. I can’t close my eyes all the way while sleeping after two cases of bell’s palsy

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard it said that after one has cataract surgery that floaters are likely to increase. While I had floaters before the surgery and for some time afterwards, I've noted lately that I practically don't have any now at all. I can't recall if it was related, but when we returned to Oklahoma in 2018, my optometrist sent me to a facility up near Edmond to have some laser work done on my eyes. Maybe that is what led to their going away.

As for eye drops, I occasionally need to use them, but it seems that it is needed only if my eyes get to burning. I use "Blink" and carry one of the small bottles with me everywhere, just in case.

Blink Eye Drops.png

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
This reminds me that my ophthalmologist recently suggested I try eye drops. He said my eyes were dry. I just thought I had itchy eyes from year round allergies.

I've never been an eye drop user but I may 'look' into it.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had cat surgery , About a year later right eye gettin blury. Had lazer surgery the litature said there would be floaters but they have all gone away.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just wait till you get floaters on the inside of your eyes! Real pain in the #ss.
Possible surgery to remove very risky

Had 'em for many years. Every once in a while, I'll catch myself 'ducking' --- as I caught a glimpse of one of the larger floaters in my periphery. Makes 'ya look like a crazy person!!

:puppet2:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had 'em for many years. Every once in a while, I'll catch myself 'ducking' --- as I caught a glimpse of one of the larger floaters in my periphery. Makes 'ya look like a crazy person!!

:puppet2:

Haha! Me, too! They drive me CRAZY (yes, yes, I know short trip) ...

I see some eye drops I need to try! Thanks for the recommendation, Hangfire.

Latest posts

Top Bottom