Florida man takes 10 yr old son on drive-by paintball shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wonderful parenting skills. I no longer wonder what's wrong with kids today.

Florida boy, 10, shot after dad agreed to take him on paintball ‘drive-by’

According to the story (insert "allegedly" and "reportedly" as needed):
South Florida man "gave in to his son's pleas" and took him out for the drive-by late Sunday.
Witness said they were driving around wearing ski masks.
The 10 yr old boy fired paintball gun into a crowd in front of a house; somebody thought it was a real gun and fired a real bullet back, striking the kid.
Boy then lost his balance, fell out of dad's van and was run over by the vehicle.
"The boy was hospitalized after the shooting, but was expected to recover as of Monday afternoon...[the father] has been charged with child neglect with great bodily harm for acting 'recklessly by agreeing to conduct a drive-by paintball shooting.'”
https://nypost.com/2021/06/02/florida-boy-10-shot-after-dad-took-him-on-paintball-drive-by/

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dad is 26 and son is 10. So, baby daddy was 16 when the kid was born. I wonder how old momma was?

I’m surprised they didn’t add the charges of child endangerment and failure to wear seat belt.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gang violence doesn't just start out of the blue. It's taught in the neighborhoods by peers.
I can't believe the kid wanted this, and the dad allowed it, actually encouraging it truth be known by taking the kid on the ride.
I'd be real interested in hearing the history of that kid and dad 20 years from now to see if the stupid games made a difference in their lives.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gang violence doesn't just start out of the blue. It's taught in the neighborhoods by peers.
I can't believe the kid wanted this, and the dad allowed it, actually encouraging it truth be known by taking the kid on the ride.
I'd be real interested in hearing the history of that kid and dad 20 years from now to see if the stupid games made a difference in their lives.

Followup will be in prison or cemetery.

Latest posts

Top Bottom