Florida - New Permitless Carry for Qualified Citizens Signed into Law - How is this Constitutional Carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Should an almost blind person carry a firearm? No, probably not. Should that person be be prohibited from doing so under constitutional carry? No.
That sounds so much like 'Should a known potential 'mass shooter' be carrying a firearm? No, probably not. Should that person be prohibited from doing so under law? No.

So what is the answer to reducing gun violence? Like everyone else on this board I support the 2nd Amendment but just can't fully get on board with the " . . . shall not be infringed" [for any reason] crowd. One mans' opinion.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
id be ok if democrats were excluded from owning or carrying guns , they support gun control through their candidate choices anyway seems to me that is giving them what they want in a targeted manner.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sounds so much like 'Should a known potential 'mass shooter' be carrying a firearm? No, probably not. Should that person be prohibited from doing so under law? No.

So what is the answer to reducing gun violence? Like everyone else on this board I support the 2nd Amendment but just can't fully get on board with the " . . . shall not be infringed" [for any reason] crowd. One mans' opinion.

I can't get behind anyone who wants to tell me I have rights which can be revoked or moderated at the whimsy of a bunch of aholes who don't even live where I live either.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's probably the stupidest response to date.
Why do you say that. Many of the " . . . shall not be infringed" crowd absolutely believe that Americans should be allowed to own ANY weapon they want (i.e. absolutely no restrictions allowed). You know this as well as I do and it can be seen in some of the comments on these very same forums.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
id be ok if democrats were excluded from owning or carrying guns , they support gun control through their candidate choices anyway seems to me that is giving them what they want in a targeted manner.
I think anyone who is not a Constitutional absolutist should be banned from any weapons outside of kitchen knives and gardening tools. They have no business handling them.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Why do you say that. Many of the " . . . shall not be infringed" crowd absolutely believe that Americans should be allowed to own ANY weapon they want (i.e. absolutely no restrictions allowed). You know this as well as I do and it can be seen in some of the comments on these very same forums.
They should. Don't words and thoughts in my mouth. I don't think what you think. If the GOV has it, we should have it. It's obvious you have no idea what the 2A is for.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I absolutely believe in that principle , there's nothing in the constitution which said you can own x but not y . In fact many founders would have agreed since martial arms were commonly held by private citizens .

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your 'wish' is happening, though slowly. My son whom lived in Oklahoma took a job in Massachusetts and was appalled by their restrictive gun laws. He told me that they didn't even have public gun ranges (indoor or outdoor).
Having lived in both Democratic and Republican controlled States, I would leave my country before I set foot in a Democratic State again!

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They should. Don't words and thoughts in my mouth. I don't think what you think. If the GOV has it, we should have it. It's obvious you have no idea what the 2A is for.
Oh I know what the 2nd Amendment is about and for and thank God we have it because I don't trust our government any more than anyone else, maybe even less. I just don't have a whole lot of trust in many of my fellow citizens to own and handle certain kinds of weapons of mass destruction that so many desperately want to be able to have. I mean why do you think the military teaches and trains soldiers to use weapons instead of just handing them out and saying . . . 'have fun'. Because a lot of people are just plain idiots.

Latest posts

Top Bottom