Floridas new Red flag law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There seems to be some holes in the application of this law, but standing on the sidelines and throwing rocks, isn't going to help the overall situation. This is an incredibly awful attempt to address one of the issues we have been saying is the problem. We should be listening, talking, and assisting in making this type of law workable. Families do it everyday when family members become no longer to care for themselves, able to drive, etc.

This cannot be implemented without infringing on any Right.

FIFY. I posted the solution. You can't say this is a critical issue, if you refuse to take the critical steps to address it correctly within the law. Writing an unlawful law that violates the COTUS on multiple fronts, is categorically wrongheaded and foolish. :(

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree that would be an excellent situation, and we used to have that option. I don't think we will ever see that approach again though. The same argument exists as with removing firearms. Enormous opportunity for abuse. The out of control government taking firearms without due process, could just as easily lock people away in an institution. Both approaches have been used in the past. I agree that locking people away would be a little harder than taking their firearms, but both ideas have as much potential for abuse as for success.

We are not going to solve it here. That's why in every election, it is important to evaluate every issue, not just their stated position on 2A.

Latest posts

Top Bottom