Flounder will not be down for drinks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stephen Furst, plucked from obscurity while delivering pizzas and cast as "Flounder" in the cult classic "Animal House" has passed away at age 63 due to complications from diabetes. He went on to fame in roles in Babylon 5 and St. Elsewhere. I enjoyed seeing him not be typecast as the chubby sidekick.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/06/17/stephen-furst-flounder-animal-house-dead/

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
a whole list of things that seem unrelated to an untrained eye...

Seriously?

I thought it was pretty well-known most of those things resulted from diabetes (among other things). In fact, when stratifying risk for heart attack, simply BEING officially diagnosed with diabetes increases your risk the same amount as if you'd already had one heart attack, even if you haven't - it's called a "myocardial infarction equivalent" risk factor.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seriously?

I thought it was pretty well-known most of those things resulted from diabetes (among other things). In fact, when stratifying risk for heart attack, simply BEING officially diagnosed with diabetes increases your risk the same amount as if you'd already had one heart attack, even if you haven't - it's called a "myocardial infarction equivalent" risk factor.

nope, had no idea. i'm a young guy, and my family doesn't have a history of diabetes or anything.

So i guess the solution is to never go to the doctor, to avoid being diagnosed.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My VA doctor told me most of the older amputees I see at the VA hospital are from diabetes, not land mines. In my (large) very extended family, diabetes is the leading cause of death before age 70.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My VA doctor told me most of the older amputees I see at the VA hospital are from diabetes, not land mines. In my (large) very extended family, diabetes is the leading cause of death before age 70.

the american lifestyle, culture (in many regions) and healthcare system have all led to this problem. It's one of the leading health problems in the south, yet we don't do well at preventative care nor do we want to look at the things in our culture that promote the unhealthy lifestyles. It's sad really

Latest posts

Top Bottom