Flu Shot didn't work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I quit getting those shots a couple years ago because I would get sick a few days later. Bad shot or allergic reaction, I don't know. Just decided to take my chances without it.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
And here comes the annual thread... lol.

Sorry you're sick, man. Did you get tested and are positive for influenza, or you're just sick? We haven't seen much influenza in Oklahoma yet.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stand to be corrected but doesn't it take longer than a week for the shot to offer any protection against the flu ?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stand to be corrected but doesn't it take longer than a week for the shot to offer any protection against the flu ?

No, no... now, don't go being all scientific or fact-based. Here at OSA the annual "The Flu Shot Gave Me the Flu" thread is as venerable and predictable as the "Winter 4WD" thread or the "Concealed Carry at the State Fair" thread.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^ I believe that is correct plus getting the shot doesn't guarantee anything. They don't know what flu strain it could be any givin year so the shot might not work. Since your sick you have plenty of time to read about flu shots.

Latest posts

Top Bottom