Flu Shot ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've been waiting for our flu shots to come in. We had advertising in place, our shipment date was set nearly a year ago, now we've been delayed at least 2 more weeks. <sigh>

Supposedly due to the hurricane.

<edit> Flu shot every year. Never any side effects. Never got the flu that I know of, meaning actually tested positive. But I usually wouldn't bother testing anyways.
McKesson lost our order also, I spent over 90 minutes arguing last Thursday to get it yesterday. Buy, that was 10 to 30 minutes a day 5 days a week, for almost 3 weeks to get them to fix what we pre-booked last year.

Good luck with yours.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We haven't gotten ours yet. Our PCP's recommended waiting until the higher dose for us 'old folks' comes out ... expected late this month or early October. I have a check-up in October, so I'll probably get mine then. We've been taking it for years with zero issues.
Our nurses at Thrifty Pharmacy has the "old folks" dose. Got mine last week.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess the wife's Dr's office told her last week that "they" hadn't received the 'senior' dose yet, but some of the pharmacies here in town probably did have it.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the interest of full disclosure, I had never taken a flu shot until, probably, fifteen years or so ago. I was working for a contractor to the US Air Force, and all of the Air Force personnel were being vaccinated. The commander of the med group at the time went to the Wing Commander and basically said, 'You know what?' These contractor personnel are working shoulder-to-shoulder with our pilots and students every single day. I think it would be in our best interest to offer all of them the vaccine free of charge as well.' Done.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a "regular dose" annual flu shot for as long as I can remember but three or four years ago I got the stronger "old fart dose" and it made me have bad flu like symptoms for three days afterwards.......I went back to the "regular dose" and have had no more problems.

My doc told me several years ago to not get the shot too early because it won't still be potent enough to help ward off the flu through the first part of the following year and to get it right around Halloween which is what I've always done.

The wife has never taken a flu shot but during a regular checkup a couple of weeks ago her doc of many years strongly suggested, for the first time ever, that she get one this year and she's going to.

Last edited:

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got my senior flu shot at CVS a couple of days ago. No problems with last year’s
shot but this year’s shot was bad. Sore shoulder and next day a headache all day.
Next day was ok though. Some year’s shot is painless and other year’s shot has
after effects. I just hope for the best!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get the flu shot every year. Still got the flu a couple years ago because it was the strain they missed. Some good whisky burned it out after a couple days. LOL.
I'll get another this year. One thing I've been trying to get is the shingles shot. We saw the report that the one we took a couple years ago has been not as effective as they thought, and there is a new one out there that is more effective.
It's been in short supply so far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom