Flu Shot ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
And how many times have you, or family members, had the flu vs. how many gunfights have you been in Shawnee?
I have never been in a gunfight...yet, and I hope I never am. The stakes are a lot higher than having the flu.

I haven't had the flu in over twenty five years since I quit taking the flu shot. Coincidence?...you or others here may think so but me...not so much.

And by the way the odds of getting the flu this year is almost zero because covid took over...so much so that I've heard the CDC quit tracking the flu on their website.

It's quite interesting how so many other causes of death have been reduced by the covid.

TOOF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to work in a facility that was a cesspool for every cold, bug, virus, etc. that blew thru this part of the country. I started taking the flu shot my second year there. For the next 25 years I had the flu twice. Good enough odds for me. I’m the only guy here I worry about when it comes to the flu.

I’m okay with everyone else’s decision making on whether they do or do not.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stand corrected on part 2, but still not going to bother with a vaccination that has a less than 50% success rate.
It’s risk/reward issue. Statistically, you are much more likely to suffer from flu than any side effects (other than known allergic reaction to the vaccine-so it’s prudent to skip the vaccine in this instance) of the vaccine. Plus the older you are, the more likelihood of hospitalization.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s risk/reward issue. Statistically, you are much more likely to suffer from flu than any side effects (other than known allergic reaction to the vaccine-so it’s prudent to skip the vaccine in this instance) of the vaccine. Plus the older you are, the more likelihood of hospitalization.
Completely understand. I've only had what I believe is the flu a couple of times in my 52 years, so I just try and keep my immune system healthy, hands washed, etc. Being a germaphobe has likely helped me avoid it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom