Flying the Quiet Skies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The TSA needs to go. They are intrusive, abusive, power hungry and unnecessary burdens on the public. That have made what was once a somewhat fun experience into a major pain. How many times have we heard of TSA agents abusing their positions? How many threats have they stopped? At this point I would rather just drive to my destination and make it part of the vacation. Wifey and talked about it and I think the next vacation in the states we will just rent a class c rv and drive somewhere.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The TSA needs to go. They are intrusive, abusive, power hungry and unnecessary burdens on the public. That have made what was once a somewhat fun experience into a major pain. How many times have we heard of TSA agents abusing their positions? How many threats have they stopped? At this point I would rather just drive to my destination and make it part of the vacation. Wifey and talked about it and I think the next vacation in the states we will just rent a class c rv and drive somewhere.

‘In the effort to eliminate threat, the TSA has become a threat.’ This Quiet Skies thing goes beyond probable cause or reasonable suspicion and impinges on the protection guaranteed by the 4th Amendment.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TSA has no business in spying on private citizens or any citizens-period. That is the job of NSA or the FBI
if probable cause exists. Imagine if they were targeting CAIR or other muslim groups, there would be a hue and cry of discrimination that we've never seen before. However, that area is where they need to concentrate but it'll never happen. They'll make the American citizen uncomfortable but not any muslim group.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I've arrived at that point as regards my 1-2 times per year I attend a business conference at some distant point. I've got plenty of vacation days to pad the travel on the front- and back-end to work in some pleasure time. I get paid for the miles at the cost of a 21-day prepaid airline ticket and I'm good with that. Conference, hotel & per diem are the same either way I get there.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Be careful on that idea. They are danged expensive and the rental outfits give you little in the way of instructions, and you'll be lucky if they provide a water hose for hooking up to city water or filling the fresh water tank. Whatever you do, take out any insurance that they offer to you. RV's are danged expensive to fix. Oh, and take a water pressure regulator of some kind because a lot of RV parks have high water pressure.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be careful on that idea. They are danged expensive and the rental outfits give you little in the way of instructions, and you'll be lucky if they provide a water hose for hooking up to city water or filling the fresh water tank. Whatever you do, take out any insurance that they offer to you. RV's are danged expensive to fix. Oh, and take a water pressure regulator of some kind because a lot of RV parks have high water pressure.

I hear ya, wifey works for a rental car company in customer service, so we know the pitfalls of rental vehicles. I would love to just buy a small class C (Econoline class based) so I wouldn't need a class C license, but I have no place to park it. Dang this not having money crap, life would be so much simpler if I had money to spare.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to say the overhang on Class C RVs block any views you might have when going through mountains because of the overhangs above the cab.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think its more so the $ amount, that's a secondary concern. Its the fact that all these measures have resulted in little results. I'll have to find it but an article I read pointed out that for all the passengers the TSA and FAM have stopped less than 1% end up in an arrest, and most of those are for drug or false ID charges. So far we have not seen either agency stop a potential terrorist or even a violent passenger. So what have we gotten? More hassles, abuse of powers, and our tax money spent for being no safer than we were before TSA.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think its more so the $ amount, that's a secondary concern. Its the fact that all these measures have resulted in little results. I'll have to find it but an article I read pointed out that for all the passengers the TSA and FAM have stopped less than 1% end up in an arrest, and most of those are for drug or false ID charges. So far we have not seen either agency stop a potential terrorist or even a violent passenger. So what have we gotten? More hassles, abuse of powers, and our tax money spent for being no safer than we were before TSA.
That's true, but why hasn't TSA caught more or have they been a deterrent? Don't know how much international travel you've been involved in, but when you go to airports in Italy, Germany, and the UK, the level of airport security is much higher than ours and they don't have a history any more of terrorist getting on board. The Terrorist have bypassed those airports and use obscure origins to start their flights that have minimal security.
I'm all for greater security to make my flights safer. I'll just put up with the hassle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom