FN 502 Tactical

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got my hands on one of these about a month ago. Took it out to the range, fired one mag with one Fail To Fire. Started on second mag and the gun just quit firing at all. I could get it to eventually fire by wiggling the slide while pulling the trigger. I could see the hammer wasn't contacting the firing pin when it dropped. It was stopping short and I assumed the trigger bar wasn't sufficiently engaging the firing pin block. Very disappointing.

I called FN customer service and spoke with a very nice lady. She emailed me a return label right away and I had the gun off to FN the next morning. This was the second week of November. She called me the Fri before Thanksgiving and said...the trigger bar wasn't disengaging the firing pin and they would be replacing the gun. I sent her an FFL for the new gun transfer and she said they probably wouldn't get the replacement out till the week after Thanksgiving.

Well, I picked up the replacement yesterday with a complimentary 15-round mag for my troubles. Took it out today and fired several trouble-free magazines through it with a variety of .22LR ammo. Function was perfect and what you'd expect from a gun with the FN name on it...even though it's made by Umarex.

I may finally break down and get into the NFA game and get a can for this one. It just seems like it would be a lot of fun suppressed. Haven't shot it for accuracy but it was definitely better than minute-of-twig while test firing. I think this could be a favorite as long as it's reliable. I've heard they are...I just got a bad one.

Kudos to FN for being so easy to work with and standing by their product.

F sm.jpg

G sm.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom