FN is releasing the HP again....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Boy, tough crowd here. Let's talk about a few of the new FN HP's features. Gone are the magazine safety and the external extractor. The lockup has been changed to the modern pattern, locking up at the rear of the barrel hood, instead of the two locking lugs atop the barrel (and the corresponding locking grooves in the top of the slide). The front strap is textured (something custom Hi Power 'smiths have made a fortune doing themselves), the takedown procedure is improved, and the mag capacity is improved. The shape of the beavertail and the hammer have been revised to eliminate the dreaded Hi Power slide bite. I'm guessing, by looking at the pics, that the sear lever has been repositioned in the slide, something that Hi Power guru Bill Laughridge often did to improve the trigger pull. So, more capacity, better ergonomics, better durability, better trigger.... If the choice is between the new FN Hi Power and, say, a reasonably refined 9mm 1911 (something like a Dan Wesson), I know which way I'd go...the new Hi Power. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom