FNP-45 Tactical "Comically Big" tankish if you will!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been on somewhat of an FN kick over the last year or so. It started with a 509 Tactical, followed with a 509c and now an FNP-45 Tactical. My new year's resolution was to eat more smoked meat and shoot more 45. I have held up to my end of the bargain like a boss.

Be it a Sig, Glock or whatever else I have attempted to satisfy my carry needs with, I always have to do something to the weapon to make it "mine". Typically it's a functional modification to fit me. That has never sat well with me. Grip angle, plastic mags, crap sights, narrow triggers, low capacity to name a few. After picking up the 509, I've found the only thing I have done was mount an optic and or a light. I've been that happy with them. That has followed through to this (new to me) FNP-45.

This had been on Armslist for almost a year. I ended up selling my Kimber KHX OI in 45 and some other stuff hell bent on an FNX-45 Tactical. I was waiting on a train, browsing Armslist and seen this again. For grins, I emailed the seller with an offer. He hit me back in about 2 minutes with an affirmative and we set up a time/place to meet. Might have been the kindest older gentlemen I've ever purchased from.

Came with 4 15 round mags, RMR01 Type 1 and the original case. He had every backstrap, container, Allen wrench, plate, screw and the original receipt from his NIB purchase of it. I am the 2nd owner.

Dismounted the RMR, deep cleaned/stripped everything, oiled it, fresh battery, torqued the RMR to 15" pounds and let the Loctite set.

Range session was awesome. I hand load a powder coated lead RN 230 grain over HP-38 at around 650 FPS. It ate up all 200 rounds with no issues. It was almost comical how easy it shot. I ran a couple mags of 230 grain plus p HST and it ate those too. Very soft shooting load out of this weapon for what it is. Zeroed at 25 yards and it held sub 3" groups off a sandbag.

This has got to be the most comically tank big weapon I've ever owned or fired. The Mark 23 might be a bit bigger, but it's been years since I've held one.

Colion Noir said it best "There are times a girl will gain a little weight and as a result, one of two things with happen. A: She gets self conscious and tries to hide it or B: She realizes some dudes like their girls BBW and owns it. That confidence makes her even sexier"
20210126_111210.jpg
20210126_111245.jpg
20210126_111258.jpg
20210126_111307.jpg

Last edited:

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You and I are on the same page right now LOL.... well.... I've owned FNs for quite a while but just bought one of these as well. Rather, the FNX. Got a Dead air in jail for it.

I'm debating on taking my savings I have for the LS Edge and going silent!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm debating on taking my savings I have for the LS Edge and going silent!

So I handled an Edge and I was extremely unimpressed with the trigger. $1400 gun and the trigger was worse than an H&K VP9?? Loved the grip and everything else but that kind of coin should give you a ready to go trigger.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I handled an Edge and I was extremely unimpressed with the trigger. $1400 gun and the trigger was worse than an H&K VP9?? Loved the grip and everything else but that kind of coin should give you a ready to go trigger.

No kidding? I was thinking the opposite since it has what looks like a plastic version of the Apex. That kinda sucks.