FNS pistols now going off "accidentally".

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there something in the water? First Sig, now FN.

Baltimore County police are replacing its officers’ guns that have now been shown, on video, to fire when they shouldn’t.

On the other side of the country, the Arizona Department of Public Safety (AZDPS) tested FNS pistols, the same type of pistol used by Baltimore County Police. The tests showing the malfunction were recorded, and a copy of the video was sent to Baltimore County. Operation: Crime and Justice requested the video through a Maryland Public Information Request, but county police denied us. Four months after filing a public information request with AZDPS, we received a copy.

More here:
https://foxbaltimore.com/features/o...eveals-unexpected-gunfire-from-police-weapons

They went with Glock.
https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-county/bs-md-co-police-guns-20181210-story.html

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm.
No info on how these were going off without touching the trigger other than “faulty striker pin.” Maybe something like a slam fire?
Crazy stuff!

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And this is why I am glad I chose to go DA. Carry with the hammer uncocked and I'm 100% positive the gun will not go off accidentally.
Unless the hammer is hit or the pistol falls on the hammer and has a floating or broken firing pin or inoperative fp block mechanism.
Ain’t nothing particularly safer about a DA gun

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unless the hammer is hit or the pistol falls on the hammer and has a floating or broken firing pin or inoperative fp block mechanism.
Ain’t nothing particularly safer about a DA gun

That's a lot more if's than striker fired that are kept charged and ready in the holster and go off like those mentioned above and require an error on the person's part. When was the last time you heard of a DA pistol going off accidentally?

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just finished a training class in which each student fired 1300 rounds. only one gun in the class had zero malfunctions. A SIG P229 Legion. My Colt had one magazine failure due to mud in it on night shoot and one round did not go off had good primer strike just nothing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom