Fobus IWB Holsters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know anything about Fobus, but affordable and comfortable rarely go together. I suppose affordable is a relative term though.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check out crossbreed super tuck holsters. Several companies make that style, and many cheaper than crossbreed. The ones I have spread the weight of your gun over a large area and are pretty comfortable. A good stiff belt is as important as a good holster; it took me way too long to learn that.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a Fobus fan.
I guess the big question is, what do you call affordable? And what position are you going to wear it in?

For a Kydex IWB, take a look at the eight2ten offering. https://eight2ten.com/products/iwb His kydex holsters have the best fit, finish, and detail of anything I've seen. (and I have a box of holsters).

My preference is still a Milt Sparks Versa Max II. I have several and just received a new one today that was ordered the first week of April. You'll have to wait 16-24 weeks and about $125. http://www.miltsparks.com/products-versa-max-2.php Or you can get one from Top Gun Supply now for about $150.

If you are open to Appendix Carry, AIWB, Keepers Concealment makes a couple from $100 to $160. I haven't seen an AIWB that works any better than his Original Keepers. The Keeper Lite didn't work as well for me in my limited testing before the "Original" came in.

But there is a lot of personal preference involved in holsters. AIWB is fast. I like drawing from it seated better than anything else. It takes a bit to find just the right spot. The only issue I have is working and doing chores with it on when you have to bend over quite a bit.

Make sure any holster you get allows you to reholster one handed. This is more of an issue with an IWB holster as the belt will try to collapse the mouth of a cheap holster. It needs a reinforced mouth.

You might also consider using a G17 holster if using a IWB. The extra inch won't make much difference in your pants and will give you other options.

Milt Sparks Holster.

www.miltsparks.com_media_products_inside_waistband_Versa_Max_2_big.jpg

Eight2Ten

1922459_727770987242350_1159607832_n.jpg

Keepers Original

i0.wp.com_www.activeresponsetraining.net_wp_content_uploads_2012_10_DSCN0108.jpg

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry a 1911 condition 1 almost daily while working around the house, so I have a hammer sticking out. I also am a pretty active person in the summer and get sweaty. I have had a Crossbreed Supertuck and it has worked well to prevent hammer bite. I have found that if I get hot and sweaty, then sit for a while while cooling down and drying out the edges tend to dry curved to fit my sitting position.

I also have an Allen Gear IWB that I have used about 6 mo, and I am very happy with it. It is not leather, but the material is very comfortable and holding up well. I did have some problems with the screws loosening, but Lockite fixed that after I made my final adjustments. Allen gear has different shells you can change out if you change firearms in the future.

Starting out again, I would go with the Allen Gear. You might want to take a look at what they have, I have found them good to work with.

Good luck at finding the perfect holster.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Friends Don't let Friends Buy Fobus. I'll loan ya a very nice RM Lowrider Full Coverage IWB Kydex Holster for the G19, if you get one, until you decide on something permanent. You cannot go wrong with a good leather rig, IMO, like the awesome Sparks Holsters Mad Professor shows in Post 7. Crossbreed is a great option if you like the Hybrid styles. Me; I prefer the Milt Sparks Summer Special II over the versa max, just because I am not a big fan of that much leather shoved down in me britches. But, as has been said, holsters are a really personal matter...you better choose wisely, or you'll end up like most of us with a big old box full of the things. I can vouch for our very own OSA member Gone_fishn (Larry). He has made a bunch of nice holsters for some of us here.

Last edited:

Old rookie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I went through my first holster crisis (IWB for my Taurus PT111 G2), I tried the Alien Gear. Incompatible with my "figure" :)
Lots of others, also, several ebay offerings, and the one I settled on (currently wearing) is a Aegis Armory Full coverage, IWB Hybrid. Nice holster. Dunno if it's "good enough" for a Glock...

Anyone played with a White Hat IWB, or others that make it < $100 that "worked" ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom