Fobus Paddle Holster???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It probably is. IDPA rules for "pouch" type holsters, in this case on a paddle, are dependent on the lack of light visible through the holster back, as well as how close it holds the gun to the wearer's body.

Use it for your first couple matches, while learning about other options.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If its like an old Fobus I use for a loaner, there is a way to wear it that makes it legal.
Instead of just putting it over the belt, put the belt through the loops and then put the Fobus paddle over belt and pants so the paddle is inside the pants.

CD107

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive been using a my Fobus paddle holster for my G23 for club IDPA matches at USSA with no problems. Not sure if it would be an issue at a regional match though.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The typical IDPA match director, at a monthly match, will permit any safe strong-side hip holster, even if it isn't completely compliant with the "no light showing" rules. There is an expectation that the competitor will learn the rules better over a few matches and acquire a compliant holster of their choice.

At a Sanctioned IDPA match, the Match Director is bound by IDPA to very strict compliance "to the absolute letter" of the rules.

Latest posts

Top Bottom