Food bank deer donations.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took my neighbor to the Edmond Food Bank this morning as they are in worse shape than even we are. Noticed they had some ground venison that had been donated. If you have more ground venison than you can use, check and see if your local food bank can use it. He did not get any as they do not like venison (heathens) but he did get 7 sacks full of food and vitamins, etc.

I ever get off this damn O2 and get to try hunting, I know I will be donating. It is a great cause and donating food I know it will not be wasted on over blown salaries.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took my neighbor to the Edmond Food Bank this morning as they are in worse shape than even we are. Noticed they had some ground venison that had been donated. If you have more ground venison than you can use, check and see if your local food bank can use it. He did not get any as they do not like venison (heathens) but he did get 7 sacks full of food and vitamins, etc.

I ever get off this damn O2 and get to try hunting, I know I will be donating. It is a great cause and donating food I know it will not be wasted on over blown salaries.
Do they take venison directly from individuals?

ODWC and participating processors have an established program in place that allows hunters to donate deer that is processed and distributed through food banks.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do they take venison directly from individuals?

ODWC and participating processors have an established program in place that allows hunters to donate deer that is processed and distributed through food banks.
No idea. Next time I take him I will ask but that is a month away. You might try calling your local food bank.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't mean to sound negative. I didn't want people to clean out freezer and haul meat to the food pantry and be turned away.

Glad you are feeling better and able to run errands.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't mean to sound negative. I didn't want people to clean out freezer and haul meat to the food pantry and be turned away.

Glad you are feeling better and able to run errands.
Thank you. I am feeling a lot better but I still feel tired all the time. I am told that is a left over from the Covid but it really annoys me. I took him to the food bank and stopped to gas up the Rav, then had to take a nap. I have to much to do and being tired does not help.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I should mention that back in 2019 when I was in the hospital so long, he, his wife and several other neighbors were there for my wife. One mowed the lawn, the one I took today helped wifey with the trash dumpsters, when she wrecked the car at the hospital they came and picked her up and took her home, etc, etc. Then he had a heart attack a year later and his wife recently had a stroke. Only right I return the help they gave us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom