Food Plot Basics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm buying a new 5 ft tiller. Choice is between a TSC County Line tiller or Atwoods King Kutter Tiller. Any recommendations on quality? Both are about the same price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I'm not wrong, they are the same company, different paint. I've looked at both when considering a 6' brush hog. Could not tell a dimes worth of difference in either one.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like there's only 8lbs difference, I must have been comparing the 5' to the 6', sorry about that. I was trying to see where they were getting 50lbs difference............helps to compare the correct lengths lol.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I worked for an oil drilling bit manufacturer, they had a line of 9 7/8 bits that went out the door painted green. They came up with some flashy literature and online advertisements about introducing a new "gold line". Same bit, one green and the other gold, different paint lines to go through.
They charged more for the gold line, and some drillers swore it was the best bit they ever drilled with. Same dammed one.

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found this link for some food plot tips on certain seeds. Seems in line with everything I've gathered here through the many pages of discussion. Thought I'd share. Again, I'm no farmer and new to plotting last year but this is just a simple page that seems to be inline with everything here and not buried in the many pages.

http://www.deerfoodplots.org/deer-food-plots-for-winter/

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found this link for some food plot tips on certain seeds. Seems in line with everything I've gathered here through the many pages of discussion. Thought I'd share. Again, I'm no farmer and new to plotting last year but this is just a simple page that seems to be inline with everything here and not buried in the many pages.

http://www.deerfoodplots.org/deer-food-plots-for-winter/

Good information. One should get a soil sample that they didn't mention. You can plant and fertilize all day long, but if the soil isn't right, its not going to work out well. They did mention what ph was the best in their favor.
Deer in different areas require different nutrition, so keep that in mind. Minerals and salt go unused in my areas. 40 miles away at my buddies property, the deer tear mineral licks up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom