Food Plot Basics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2 weeks until I order BFO's for the fall season. It will be hunting time before you know it. Dove season starts in 30 days. Please let me know if you want to get in on the bulk order.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone one planting turnips?

I've planted them for years, mainly to take home and eat. The tops are bitter until a light frost hits them. It may be clear into rifle season before that happens. Same with radish.
I want something the deer will eat at the start of bow season, and still be eating when bow season ends Jan 15.
Simple wheat works just fine for me and meets my requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am working on a Fall mix for either a supplement to wheat or oats that will be a blend of legumes, clover, grasses etc that is beyond the norm of austrian winter peas, rape seeds etc. A 5# bag will be a nice supplement to a 1 acre food plot or, by itself, do a fine job as a stand alone plot of 1/2 acre. These are premium quality seeds that people may not recognize, necessarily, that the deer really like. I have been testing many of these plants this year on my herd. A warm season mix may be coming in the spring. This Fall mix will contain annuals and perenials so that there is staying power on into spring and beyond. The mix will provide a cover crop that will give the deer a sense of safety when they feed too. The estimate is that the 5# bag will contain approx. 1/2 million seeds and market for around $30.00.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 4X4 Fall Mix is going fast. I have a few bags left of the initial blending. If you want some let me know right away please. The 5# bag will make a nice 1/2 acre plot alone or round out a 1 acre plot with additional annuals and perrenials. $30.00 /bag

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I have your order as I held off just in case someone jumped in at the last minute. The order will be placed tomorrow. Do you wish to add 1 bag of the Fall Mix as 1 person changed their mind??????

Latest posts

Top Bottom