Food Plot Basics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
3” of rain over a full week and none has come heavy or all at once. I’m thinking I could have scattered my seed on top of the ground and I would have already got a stand by now.

One good thing is that your clover should be headed out and dropping seed. These cool nights and moist ground should cause germination. Your patch may spread a little and get more lush.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One good thing is that your clover should be headed out and dropping seed. These cool nights and moist ground should cause germination. Your patch may spread a little and get more lush.
It is doing well. In addition to the ladino clover, I’ve got some other white clover and crimson clover that has been doing really well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't get into my food plots until the lessee harvests the wheat. It's in the middle of a section. It's been a great spring for established plots though. Lots of water equals lots of growth both top and roots. Water saturation of the soil will help get perennial plots through the summer months.

Latest posts

Top Bottom