Food Plot Basics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I received 1 1/4" of rain on my Antlers plot so it can start to germinate. I,also, received 1/2" on my plots at home. Its time to spread some lime on some of my fields to knock out my sandburrs that are starting to spread a little too.
Hey George! Sorry for not calling back....kinda forgot. :) We got about 3/4" on our property in Okfuskee County. It came down hard on Sunday morning. Not sure if soaked into our sand enough for germination or not. Only slight chance of more rain this week. Need a couple of inches of steady rain.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got paid to do what I love to do today. I put in 8 food plots for a local deer lease. They weren’t big plots, but I think they’re going to turn out good. I’ve been supposed to do them for over a month, but I wouldn’t until we got some rain and now more is supposedly coming. I used Buck Forage Oats with DeerSlayer’s 4x4 mix.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got paid to do what I love to do today. I put in 8 food plots for a local deer lease. They weren’t big plots, but I think they’re going to turn out good. I’ve been supposed to do them for over a month, but I wouldn’t until we got some rain and now more is supposedly coming. I used Buck Forage Oats with DeerSlayer’s 4x4 mix.
Anxious to see how they turn out.
I have received 1 1/2" of rain on the food plots that I planted last night and the rain is only half over. Think I will go spray fertilizer on them while we are between showers today.
Of course you got lots of rain, I left lumber outside that I am using to build the mrs a greenhouse!! Hopefully got some of this out East and will have germination and sprouts before too long.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My food plots are already greening up. You couldn’t tell there was anything up on this plot on Saturday.
FA463BB5-8484-4300-93CE-9791D1CA7EA5.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom