Food Plot Basics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're like me , you have to get it out by yourself. It's hard to drive 2 vehicles by yourself.
That’s not to bad. Trust me, I’m an expert at getting stuck!
@2busy yep, I was alone, and @OkieJoe72 this was bad enough I wasn’t sure my skid steer was going to be able to get it out. It wouldn’t have been that bad, but once the mower bottomed out, it got exponentially harder.
Did you push yourself out with the bucket?
I had the grapple on my tractor, and I couldn’t even lift the front end out of the hole with it. The ground was so soft it just sunk.
I ended up having to turn the front wheels as far as I could to the left and pull it from the left side. Pulling from the front just dug the trench deeper and longer. Also, the whole area is soft, and I was trying really hard not to stick the skid steer too.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@2busy yep, I was alone, and @OkieJoe72 this was bad enough I wasn’t sure my skid steer was going to be able to get it out. It wouldn’t have been that bad, but once the mower bottomed out, it got exponentially harder.

I had the grapple on my tractor, and I couldn’t even lift the front end out of the hole with it. The ground was so soft it just sunk.
I ended up having to turn the front wheels as far as I could to the left and pull it from the left side. Pulling from the front just dug the trench deeper and longer. Also, the whole area is soft, and I was trying really hard not to stick the skid steer too.
Yep I had to drag my mower off the tractor before I could even begin . I broke my cable on my 10,000 lb winch pulling on the tractor. Finally had to get a backhoe . I was sunk front and back on one side and the longer it sat there the farther it sank. I was wondering if it was going to flip on its side.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't even attempt to get out of this one. Bottom fell out on that side of the ditch, sunk to the frame from front to back before I could even get my foot on the clutch. Had a guy that lives down the road bring a jerk strap and a 400hp tractor. There was a guy killed here last week trying to pull a fertilizer spreader out of a muddy field. Chain broke and came back and got him.
photobucket-7240-1404770875616_zpsc3559947.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I try to always put a couple old tires on a chain before doing some serious pulling with big equipment to prevent just that. It helps.
I need to go look and see if I can find my old stuck tractor pics. Uncles Case was stuck near the river then it flooded. Tip of the back tires with the cab just out of the mud after the sediment built up, but they left it and dug it out with a back hoe after the ground dried out. A little maintenance and it was running again.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was several years ago, and I think I’ve posted it before. It’s probably my best stuck.
View attachment 377877
View attachment 377878
View attachment 377879
That's a good stick! Brush Hog is the only thing keeping the rear from sticking as far as the front.
Edit: My wife's uncle always ran his rear tires on the tractor and combine backwards.
His reasoning was that if he got stuck with the tread backwards, he could back out with the traction treads in the right direction.
Don't know how that worked out with the tractor, but I do know we had to bucket wheat from the top of the combine to lighten it more than once when he stuck it and couldn't back out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom