Food Plot Basics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was several years ago, and I think I’ve posted it before. It’s probably my best stuck.
View attachment 377877
View attachment 377878
View attachment 377879
I stuck my Kubota 3600 like that a couple years ago. I was back in the trees and hit a seep that I had no idea was there. Couldn’t get another tractor or anything close enough to it to pull it out. Come-alongs wouldn't budge it. I ended up cutting down about a half dozen 3-4 inch diameter oak trees that were about 8 ft tall and straight. I ran a chain through the hub of one of my rear tires with an old tire as a damper on the chain, tied off to a big oak tree and used the tractor tire as a winch. I was able to move the tractor about 2-3 ft at a time to winch up onto the oak trees. Took about 3 hrs of that before I finally got out. I haven’t taken the tractor back down that trail since.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wish I would have planted my plot that I worked up last week. Who knew it would actually rain consistently lol.
Fortunately I did get some seed down about 2 weeks ago in Eastern OK(Okfuskee County) on a new food plot. Checked this weekend and already coming up. Helps to have gotten over 2" of rain since broadcasting the seed. Hopefully the fall planting weather will cooperate too!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Fortunately I did get some seed down about 2 weeks ago in Eastern OK(Okfuskee County) on a new food plot. Checked this weekend and already coming up. Helps to have gotten over 2" of rain since broadcasting the seed. Hopefully the fall planting weather will cooperate too!
Nice can't ask for better timing than that!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wish I would have planted my plot that I worked up last week. Who knew it would actually rain consistently lol.
That prediction of rain is what drove me to drill the mix of bird seed, corn and black oil sunflower seeds on a buddies place he wasn't using as an experiment to see what would happen. Didn't work up the ground, just mowed first and then drilled the seed in. (sandy/loam soil)It's been almost two weeks, with the corn, milo and sunflowers about 4" high now.
The millet seed may be coming up, but don't know what that leaf looks like.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Beans and milo in, let it rain.
20230530_202533.jpg
20230530_202545.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom