Food Plot Chemical Spray Proportions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you used Chaparral which is granules not liquid? Very expensive over $400 for a 80 ounce jug but is supposed to kill weeds, blackberries and saplings. The manager at our local Stillwater Milling was telling me about it and how it doesn't wind drift that bad because it doesn't put out a gas in warm weather like Remedy and maybe Cimmaron Max. I hope I'm describing this right but I think he used the word volatilize? Anyway I think he said to use 1.6 ounce per acre.
I just read 2-3 ounces per acre.
Chaparral is a good product, but for what you are doing use Cimmaron+ or max. Much much cheaper and will accomplish the same thing.

Chaparral is metsulfuron and carboxilic acid.

And no Cimmaron+ or max will not volatilize.

If you are trying to get saplings/ shrubs use the maximum labeled rate. Another thing that works very well, but is labor intensive. If you have cedars or shrubbery, cut off with a saw and paint the stump with a 50/50 mix of diesel and Remedy.

ousoonerfan22

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you think of Grazon Next? Supposed to be good for horse nettle?
The last 3 years we have been using Brash with the cheaper granules similar to the granules in Cimmaron Max but this year used Remedy and 24D at a pint of each per acre which killed the blackberries and maybe a third of the persimmon saplings but didn't do too well on the horse nettle. After the first cutting in the hay meadow the horse nettle is popping back up so will try Grazon Next, Ive read that is supposed to be the best to kill horse nettle. The Amish guy that bales our hay said he mixed Remedy and Grazon Next and got a good kill on locust and hackberry trees.

ousoonerfan22

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Confusing.... I was told 1.6 ounces of Grazon Next per acre or 10 acres per jug(2 gal) for horse nettle but I just read a quart per acre and that would be expensive considering it's $90 a jug.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you think of Grazon Next? Supposed to be good for horse nettle?
The last 3 years we have been using Brash with the cheaper granules similar to the granules in Cimmaron Max but this year used Remedy and 24D at a pint of each per acre which killed the blackberries and maybe a third of the persimmon saplings but didn't do too well on the horse nettle. After the first cutting in the hay meadow the horse nettle is popping back up so will try Grazon Next, Ive read that is supposed to be the best to kill horse nettle. The Amish guy that bales our hay said he mixed Remedy and Grazon Next and got a good kill on locust and hackberry trees.

Grazing next is a good product. If you only used 16 oz of remedy, that is a little light for solanacea. 32 oz remedy, 16oz 24d 8 oz Banvel would have done you better

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We tell all of our customers to expect at
minimum $8/A on chemical cost. $15+ for hard to get weeds...iron weed, cocklebur, milkweed, thistle...etc

Latest posts

Top Bottom