Football, ESPN, and the Emmy's prove Political Correctness Doesn't Work.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, that would go against all historical data. When times are toughest, escapism is big business. Humans aren't geared to incessantly obsess over negative events and emotions. So people will pay for a respite where they can go and get their minds off problems.

You make it sound like the only reason people attend the games is to escape. What about those who just went to the games for entertainment and now the price is too high?

It would be much cheaper to escape into a case of beer - if they can even afford that! Escapism is in itself a problem. It can make a problem situation even worse. I was never able to escape any problem I ever had with diversions. I had to solve them.

Now take that venue and bring those problems to the forefront of the event? Congratulations, you just erased the very reason someone spent hard earned money to attend your event. If you don't believe me, bring me $150. I'll remind you you're a racist, cause you some mild physical discomfort, tell you a few few jokes and send you on your way with a commemorative trinket. Then you can tell the rest of the audience how that made you feel. ;)

If I were to attend a sports event, it would not be to escape. Never have, never will. The only people bringing "problems" to the forefront are those out there on the field with the "problems", not those in the audience.

Nothing you could do or say could "remind" me that I am a racist. All you could do is accuse me of being a racist. If I were a racist, I would say, "Yeah? So what! Get on with the entertainment, Jester!" Not being a racist, I would demand my money back and never grace your venue with my money ever again. As for the rest of the audience, they can make their own call. I won't be there to tell them anything.

As for the $150.00, you'd have to put a gun to my head, pull the trigger, and take it.

Woody

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You make it sound like the only reason people attend the games is to escape. What about those who just went to the games for entertainment and now the price is too high?

It would be much cheaper to escape into a case of beer - if they can even afford that! Escapism is in itself a problem. It can make a problem situation even worse. I was never able to escape any problem I ever had with diversions. I had to solve them.

If I were to attend a sports event, it would not be to escape. Never have, never will. The only people bringing "problems" to the forefront are those out there on the field with the "problems", not those in the audience.

Nothing you could do or say could "remind" me that I am a racist. All you could do is accuse me of being a racist. If I were a racist, I would say, "Yeah? So what! Get on with the entertainment, Jester!" Not being a racist, I would demand my money back and never grace your venue with my money ever again. As for the rest of the audience, they can make their own call. I won't be there to tell them anything.

As for the $150.00, you'd have to put a gun to my head, pull the trigger, and take it.

Woody

You missed the point on the first part, but got the gist on the second part. The economy simply has less to do with it than the drama, which has nothing whatsoever to do with the sport. Just because you aren't flush enough to afford tickets, doesn't mean there aren't enough fans who are.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You missed the point on the first part, but got the gist on the second part. The economy simply has less to do with it than the drama, which has nothing whatsoever to do with the sport. Just because you aren't flush enough to afford tickets, doesn't mean there aren't enough fans who are.
Also, the economy won't keep people from watching on TV. Viewership is down enough over this that advertisers are demanding refunds.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also, the economy won't keep people from watching on TV. Viewership is down enough over this that advertisers are demanding refunds.
As it should be. Hit em where it counts, right in the wallet. Roger Goodel can take a hike as far as I'm concerned. Responsibility and accountability starts at the top.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the taxpayers have been subsidizing the NFL since 1977 to the the of billions of dollars on new stadiums etc. Now there is a bill in Congress to put a halt of taxpayers money being spent for this. The should have never started, we'd have been better off to have spent the money on infrastructure-roads etc. Now this country is so deeply in debt, our actions didn't create the debt Congress did!

Last edited:

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The NFL is a business and the players are employees of that business. Like any business, what you do on your time is up to you BUT what you do on business time can, and usually does, comes with a certain amount of restriction (no drug use, no workplace violence, follow safety protocols, etc.). Violate those restrictions and you are warned. Violate those restriction enough . . . you get fired. Why should the NFL be any different?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The NFL is a business and the players are employees of that business. Like any business, what you do on your time is up to you BUT what you do on business time can, and usually does, comes with a certain amount of restriction (no drug use, no workplace violence, follow safety protocols, etc.). Violate those restrictions and you are warned. Violate those restriction enough . . . you get fired. Why should the NFL be any different?
The business chose to ignore the rule book. For some reason, the owners think the players opinion is much more important than the fans that USED to like watching them and footing the bill.

Latest posts

Top Bottom