Football

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
For several years the political climate and the endzone painting with BLM and the patches and slogans on the players have soured me on college and pro football.

Has someone seen the light? The USFL players have to respect the anthem by standing. There are no political statements or patches. No BLM messages, just plain old smash mouth football!.

Some players are miked up, besides the QBs. some have helmet cams and you can hear the referees discussing the calls. And there are some, annoying to me, drones flying in between the players buzzing them.

Maybe I can watch football again?

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For several years the political climate and the endzone painting with BLM and the patches and slogans on the players have soured me on college and pro football.

Has someone seen the light? The USFL players have to respect the anthem by standing. There are no political statements or patches. No BLM messages, just plain old smash mouth football!.

Some players are miked up, besides the QBs. some have helmet cams and you can hear the referees discussing the calls. And there are some, annoying to me, drones flying in between the players buzzing them.

To me , sports are an escape from day to day nonsense. Incorporation of politics and social justice warriors into sports alienates me as an audience. No big loss . Playing and participating are one thing. But, I don’t have to be a captive audience and be actively inculcated with that brainwashing programming. Too many other worthwhile things to do with my time.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my youth, I loved the game. I have played many an hour on the field after the guys in pads and helmets left. We were such a small school we never had football as a sport, Basketball and baseball only. No track and field, soccer, nothing. We didn't even have a band.
We took state in Class B basketball and baseball several years in a row. Football was my passion. I knew I would never wear pads, but I could enjoy the game through others. I have never bet on the games, Pro football was fun but sometimes as boring as golf because unlike college, there seemed to me that there was no fire in the belly to win, it was all about them. College became my outlet and I had my teams I rooted for, OU being number one then OSU Cowboys, then, any Big 8 team that was playing in a bowl, yes even, ugh, Texas!

When politics raised its ugly head, I swore off college and pro because they no longer were about the game.

So far, the USFL has been a nice change with no politics! I don't even care what team wins, just play the game.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I haven't watched a USFL game yet, but if they aren't doing all the BS every other "professional" sports team is doing these days maybe I'll check one out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom