For the love of the DA/SA and the fall of the Striker.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the Love of the DA/SA and the fall of the striker..
So as many of you know I have been shooting the Beretta 92 and PX4CC the last several months. Its been a good learning curve and a lot of it has to do with Langdon Tactical doing custom work on them and making the trigger kits in a bag for them. A few things that I have found with them that I can do with them that I cant do with a Glock. One accuracy Ive been able to shoot better groups and by better Im talking WAY better at the 10-25 yard range in fact at 10-15 I've shot some one hole groups with the 92's and a few with the PX4cc though its a bit harder with the shorter sight radius of that gun but with the right ammo its more than accurate enough,( mine LOVES 124+P GD) AS to things I've done with them Ive shot my first two 100's on "THE TEST" one with each gun.. never was able to do that with a Glock. Ive also won a Turbo pin from Gabe White with the 92A1 and own the Range master 20 year instructor reunion class Top Gun with the same 92A1. and that was against some REALLY good Shooters.

One reason I really like the DA/SA gun is the extra safety it provides wile reholstering the gun with the ability to put the thumb on top of the hammer and hold it down wile putting the gun in the holster gives one quite a bit of comfort ( and if you get a SCD from TAU development your Glock can do the same) now by no means do i believe that its dangerous to carry a stryker fired gun as long as you follow good reholstering procedures, like the keeper squat, pushing the hips forward and looking the gun into the holster wile caring AIWB. But the DA/SA gun does offer more safety, also the long DA pull even though its is smooth and light ( mine is like ~6#) it gives the shooter more time to think about the trigger moment and I believe its a better people management gun.

The down side to the DA/SA gun. well I cant "spot" shoot quite as well with it as I can a Glock meaning the fly's on the targets are a bit safer.... this seems to be the one thing I cant quite do as well with the DA/SA gun. and thats always on a DA pull... hitting a 2' dot at 10-25 yards not much of a problem. hitting a bullet hole at 3-7 yards well I haven't got that down yet.

All in all Im having a blast learning the DA/SA guns!! and the support Im getting from Langdon Tactical (langdonttactical.com) is amazing. so go hit them up and get your 92/PX4 all turned up!!! and Enjoy!!

Last edited:

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great points Spencer. Key to that first da pull for me is to get on that trigger as soon as that guns cleared a holster and is pointed maybe 5’ in front of you. Use the trigger pull to align the sights.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes as soon as the sights are on "target" AND I've mad the decision to shoot I start working the trigger on the press out. my fastest draw time with the 92 is in the .80-.82 time frame from AIWB concealed. and the fastest I've done my Test ( three rounds to a 3x5 card at 7 yards from concealment) is 2.00 flat for a demo in front of students its 2.22.

Latest posts

Top Bottom