For those that boycott the NRA.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s amazing that the NRA had ZERO to do with this shooting, yet are being held accountable for it.
The company that supplies my hearing aids, (Starkey) just got an email from me that I will no longer be using their product.
I’m pulling my investment portfolio from MetLife, and have sent emails to both of those knee jerk ex supporters of the NRA explaining why I’m doing this.
I’m a small drop in the bucket that won’t make a ripple, but it makes me feel better.
One of our members was slamming the NRA for agreeing to raise the age of rifle ownership to 21, when it was nothing but speculation,and then calling by it a red herring when they said it wouldn’t do that. Lol.
Tonight, the WH assistant press sec was on Laura Ingram show and said that ZERO of the Governors in attendance at the White House in the Conference requested to raise the age to buy a rifle to 21. None, zero, nada.
The media is back on Russia, russia, russia. Why?
Time will tell.

Good for you. I cancelled my multiple Norton auto renewal subscriptions and sent a blistering email to Symantec. I included the point that if they can’t identify the root cause of the problem with gun violence (caused by criminals and mental illness instead of the law abiding, pro 2A public) then I question their problem solving ability when it comes to my computer.

SdoubleA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Huge difference in not doing business with an entity and cutting off their discounts. The business is still available, just not at the discounted rate. The example given isn't even a close representation of what happened.

Pardon me, but in your haste to air your discontent you blew right by what the thread topic and included image were in reference to. The example shown relates to the thread title as stated.

You are apparently referring to the companies which are withholding discounts and other services to their potential customers while trying to retain their posture with certain groups and/or emotions. That, in itself, is a separate issue.

Since you opened the door I would submit the following. You do understand how "mutual smoozing" and supposed discounts work, do you not? The old scratch each other's back thingy is involved, and any discount is with minimal impact on a company bottom line e.g. "several different prices for the same thing advertised on multiple sites" such as rooms and cheap rental cars.

In the instance you allude to, IMO the emotional companies have actually taken the chance of distressing their bottom lines in doing so. They have slighted not only a 5,000,000+ member group but possibly several million other gun owners who are tired of the BS as usual. They have also opened the door to be chastised, boycotted, and conversations by many others. In other words, they have been exposed for their own emotional leadership rather than one of rationality. They self inflicted.

Now, on the other hand, FedEX has strongly stated they will not partake in any such dramatic opera. Their market share will most likely gain in the process. I would not be surprised if others followed what FedEx did.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/2760...ra-heres-their-statement-amanda-prestigiacomo

Last edited:

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just went to google.com and searched for "join the nra"; at first it pulled up a "page can't be reached" page for about a second, then went right to the NRA site.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just went to google.com and searched for "join the nra"; at first it pulled up a "page can't be reached" page for about a second, then went right to the NRA site.

Glad to hear that. It never did re-direct me, and I tried it two or three times with different search parameters. I just kept getting the 'page cannot be reached.'

Latest posts

Top Bottom