Forbes top 10 most conservative cities

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm guessing there is a strong correlation with higher average education level and leftist mindset. It's strictly an impression but....Tulsa on average seems more "educated".

This pains me because I am a big proponent of education. The problem is the lack of free discourse and diversity of opinions in the higher education community. I fear that the average college graduate tends to equate educated with being left of center.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm guessing there is a strong correlation with higher average education level and leftist mindset. It's strictly an impression but....Tulsa on average seems more "educated".

This pains me because I am a big proponent of education. The problem is the lack of free discourse and diversity of opinions in the higher education community. I fear that the average college graduate tends to equate educated with being left of center.

I'm curious why you say there is a ..."lack of free discourse and diversity of opinions in the higher education community". I am not bashing or necessarily disagreeing with you, but do you have information to support this claim? The way this is stated appears to be factual; yet it is really just an opinion at this point. Please elaborate.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Agreed, just goes to show that education does not necessarily equate intelligence. I, like others have seen my fair share of educated idiots lately. A great many of them on campus.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm curious why you say there is a ..."lack of free discourse and diversity of opinions in the higher education community". I am not bashing or necessarily disagreeing with you, but do you have information to support this claim? The way this is stated appears to be factual; yet it is really just an opinion at this point. Please elaborate.

Campusreform.org and thefire.org do a good job of documenting the restrictive environment on campuses. They cover the overt cases. What is also important is the hostile atmosphere towards right of center thought causing students and faculty to keep silent if they do not agree.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom