Ford employees want company to stop making police cars.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Ford CEO Jim Hackett responded to employees in a letter, saying that he doesn’t think it’s “controversial that the Ford Police Interceptor helps officers do their job” and that Ford will continue the business, the report said."

I guess that takes care of that !

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"A letter to Ford CEO Jim Hackett and Chairman Bill Ford ask the company to take action by July 15."

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...ehicle-sales-explorer-interceptor/5403464002/

giphy.gif

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hot Damn, maybe now our Officers will be supplied with cruisers made by the likes of BMW, Audi and Volvo. Works in Europe pretty well.

Several years ago, I spent a good bit of time working in Winter Park, FL. At that time all of the PD cars were Volvos. Pretty impressive to a boy from Muskogee.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like 100 Ford employees need to be looking for new employment.
I disagree. The title of this thread is misleading; check out the Freep headline for a better perspective on this:
Ford employees ask if company should stop building police vehicles
That's not at all out of line from any number of business perspectives.
Then we have this from the article:
Internally at Ford, both Black and white employees have expressed concern in what has been described as a "respectful" and "constructive" manner. Sentiment within the company is viewed as passionate in terms of support for law enforcement as well as communities of color that have expressed fear of violence by law enforcement officers.
What more could you ask for?

Latest posts

Top Bottom