Ford GT90 Prototype is in Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe the world knew this, but I just learned it...

The actual Ford GT90 prototype, built in the mid 90s, is owned by the Hajek Motorsports Museum in Ames.
Seems like they've had it for a while, but the museum is mostly by appointment so it probably doesn't get tons of publicity.
It was a pretty beastly car for 1995
Ford GT90 - Wikipedia

ford-gt90-main-680x400.jpg

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wonder if there would be any interest in an "OSA Tour day"? If you gotta schedule an appointment, maybe they'd be more likely to do it for a group of people? I have NO idea what all they have...but I'm assuming to call it a museum and to have a car like that they gotta have at least a few neat cars?

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey pretty nifty, would be nice to see history of real factory sponsored racing. I know the guy who was head of the Sunoco Corvette team road racing against the factory guys back in the days that was close to this catagory at a different time. Nope, was not aware of it being in Oklahoma, to tell the truth, I have lived in the Tulsa area and traveled a lot of Oklahoma most all my life and had to look up where Ames, OK was. That would make a neat day trip.

As a side note of a couple other things going on, Roy Clark's personal gun collection will be on display soon at the J M Davis gun museum in Claremore I think through the rest of the year as a private display, he prob had some neat stuff. I was one number off of winning one of his older restored airplanes in a benefit auction a few years ago.

Also the biggest steam locomotive ever built is coming back through Oklahoma on another tour, (it was here a couple years ago) Big Boy #4014 will be going south this time, Parsons KS, Vinita, Pryor, Wagoner, Muskogee, McAlester and then on south this Thursday 8/12/21. That track is 3 miles from my house between Pryor and Wagoner so I will take a look again. It is a monster steam engine if you are interested in things like that and can get away.

There are a lot of neat things in Oklahoma many of us are not aware of. Thanks for sharing.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure what all they have there, but I know the Hajeks have a few of the mid-60s Ford and Mercury A/FX and B/FX drag cars. I'm a Comet fan, and they have Jack Chrisman's 65 A/FX cammer-powered Comet; they had it a few years ago on display at the Shelby/Ford Nationals here. I'd like to go see what all they have.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Hayek has some pretty cool stuff. A tour would be nice. Lots of straight line stuff as well as circle track nostalgia in the area which is odd because you wouldn’t know it if you saw the area. Also not to far from where Man Day used to be held and also Hoyle Creek firearms that provides most of the full auto gun for Man Day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom