Ford, you really screwed it up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Shutting down the bronco manufacturing. Went with a hard top builder that sucks. They can't build enough tops, and the tops they are building, well 50% get rejected because of poor quality. Less than 7500 of the 120,000 bronco orders have been delivered for 2021. There are almost 5k built broncos sitting on various storage lots around the plant with bad tops that can't be delivered. Total cluster. My first night reservation may not get built for another year or two......

Screenshot_20210811-203350_Samsung Internet.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Easy solution,
Don't look at buying any fords.
Then you won't have any problems.

The Bronco itself is 100% legit, Ford nailed it... Ford did a pis poor job contracting tops out to Webasto. Webasto can't keep up and honor their contract. Let me know when there's enough demand for the return of the Ramcharger and Trail Duster lol. Both of those sucked. Dodge/Plymouth were late to the game with those for sure.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is probably going to end up as a Ram vs Ford Shatstorm, so I’ll contribute.
Ford along with all auto manufacturers rely on outside vendors to supply parts.
ALL auto manufacturers suffer bad products from their suppliers because they are the lowest bidder for that part.
My FIL that passed a year ago ran a chrome plating shop in Detroit that survived on work from the auto industry.
He told me that some bids we so close that it went to 1/4 of a penny to win the bid, so the contractors had to develop a way to keep the shop alive. The only way was to cut corners on the finished product.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Bronco itself is 100% legit, Ford nailed it... Ford did a pis poor job contracting tops out to Webasto. Webasto can't keep up and honor their contract. Let me know when there's enough demand for the return of the Ramcharger and Trail Duster lol. Both of those sucked. Dodge/Plymouth were late to the game with those for sure.
There would certainly be a strong demand for transmissions.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d rather wait longer for a quality, finished vehicle than deal with constant headaches from a piece of crap that has to keep going back for work. First year production runs, especially with a “brand new” model that’s not slightly revamped, should be a “no buy” until one can see that the bugs that accompany these have been worked out.
Congrats on your new bronco though!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
I’d rather wait longer for a quality, finished vehicle than deal with constant headaches from a piece of crap that has to keep going back for work. First year production runs, especially with a “brand new” model that’s not slightly revamped, should be a “no buy” until one can see that the bugs that accompany these have been worked out.
Congrats on your new bronco though!
Thanks but I don't have it, and don't know when or if I'll get it, still, after 13 months.

Latest posts

Top Bottom