Ford, you really screwed it up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's only three vehicles Ford could sell me right now after being a Ford guy since my late teens. That would be a Mustang Mach 1 or Shelby GT500, a F250 4X4 with the godzilla motor, or maybe a F450 Powerstroke if I was to buy a big enough 5th wheel. That is all that even interests me from them. Their warranty sucks and their resale sucks on almost all models. They are all just meh.

If I buy another F150 class pickup I'm looking hard at Toyota and RAM and GM in that order. If I wanted something like a Bronco I'd look at Jeep.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 66-77 was the first gen. You don't like the first gen but like the 70's bodies?
I had to go look up bodies. I assumed that the 78 bronco body was around longer due to it sharing a lot of similarities to the F150 body that dates to the early 70s.

Now that I have been educated on the topic due to your comment making me go look this up I would say I’d like to 78 and up bodies. The ones that look like they’re from the 60s that made it all the way into the late 70s I do not like.

I really believed that the 78 model went further back into the 70s. Learn something new every day. I guess the 78 and whatever years that shared that body are my favorite looking bronco

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's only three vehicles Ford could sell me right now after being a Ford guy since my late teens. That would be a Mustang Mach 1 or Shelby GT500, a F250 4X4 with the godzilla motor, or maybe a F450 Powerstroke if I was to buy a big enough 5th wheel. That is all that even interests me from them. Their warranty sucks and their resale sucks on almost all models. They are all just meh.

If I buy another F150 class pickup I'm looking hard at Toyota and RAM and GM in that order. If I wanted something like a Bronco I'd look at Jeep.
I'm about the same. Aren't they even trying to screw up the mustang with some weird hybrid electric suv Frankenstein?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm about the same. Aren't they even trying to screw up the mustang with some weird hybrid electric suv Frankenstein?
Yea the Mustang MachE I think. It's hella fast, even faster that the others. But I ain't buying their range specs or an electric car for probably ever. Hybrid, maybe sometime down the road, but no plugins for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom