Forgotten Weapons’ Ian Mcollums’ M18 YouTube video 4/28/2023

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ians’ latest video uploaded dove into the history of Sigs’ adoption by the U.S. Army. One of the requirements was a pistol that could hit a 4” target at 35 yards. 3.9” barrel, boy o boy. I’ve got a long way to go to get anywhere near that accuracy out of my model. Been training and competed with it a few times last summer/fall. Past 10 yards, my POIs’ stray to the right. Rear sight is connected to the optic plate, can’t drift over left any at all. Tried at least 5 different brands of 9MM ammo. 115, 124, 147, and 150 grain weight bullets. Been toting it as an EDC and can push the presentation to decent speed with reliable hits, out to 10 yards. Have to hold left at 15-25 yards to get near center hits. A bit frustrating after years of shooting smooth running 1911s and smoothed up Glocks. So far for me, the Sig Sauer P320C M18 is not a target pistol.

Attachments

• IMG_0045.jpeg
    IMG_0045.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 5

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just checked the front sight dovetail on my M18. Saw the grey sharpie index line I drew for reference prior to using my Real Avid Master Sight Pusher. Noticed I pushed it the wrong way to correct for far right impacts. I know the front sight must be adjusted opposite of the procedure for a rear sight. Forgot I tried that couple months or so ago. Moved the front to the right, to correct POI to the right. I knew that,,, just didn’t do it the first time. To the range, test this out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom