Form 1 and Form 4, order of things...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomerzz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still new at this. Sorry about that.

I called the ATF, and you can xerox a copy of page 2 onto the back of the first page.

That's an idea, then at least I don't have to get your signature again.

Also, as far as picking up fingerprint cards at the ATF, I wouldn't recommend it. My girlfriend was able to pick them up, but only after an hour long hassle of being told to walk to two different buildings and getting odd stares.

You think I can only send 2 with "both" forms, instead of 4, 2 for each form?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's an idea, then at least I don't have to get your signature again.

Also, as far as picking up fingerprint cards at the ATF, I wouldn't recommend it. My girlfriend was able to pick them up, but only after an hour long hassle of being told to walk to two different buildings and getting odd stares.

You think I can only send 2 with "both" forms, instead of 4, 2 for each form?

Nope....they require 2 cards per application.

boomerzz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, that's a lot of insider knowledge!

The reason I asked is that the ATF lady questioned why anyone would need 4 (total), then went on to say that once the fingerprints are on record that she didn't know why I would need to send them again... etc...

She is wrong. Thanks!

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, that's a lot of insider knowledge!

The reason I asked is that the ATF lady questioned why anyone would need 4 (total), then went on to say that once the fingerprints are on record that she didn't know why I would need to send them again... etc...

She is wrong. Thanks!

I've asked that same question many times myself.

To me, it would make sense to add a box on the form that says:

Have you ever applied for an NFA approval before Y/N?

If No, send in a set of cards. If Yes, look it up on the BATFE/FBI computer and verify and move on.

I really look at the whole process (forms, fees, signatures, wait times, fingerprint cards, photos) to be a deterrent to discourage anyone to own NFA items.

Latest posts

Top Bottom