Form 1 Application Mistake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I filed my form 1 eform but made mistake on the overall length. Is there any way to correct this after it's been submitted or am I out of luck?

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn. Was hoping it would be only a few inches off. If you can afford to wait for the refund on this one and submit another one, that is what I would do. My understanding is that they are reluctant or unable to make corrections to submitted but not yet approved eForms.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would wait till it's approved and then send in a letter stating that you've made a permanent change to the measurements. Not a big deal.

You can also switch and swap uppers and buttstocks as long as it's not a permanent change and the rifle can be returned to the configuration listed on the form.

I've never seen or heard of a BATFE agent knocking on anyone's door with a tape measure in their hand.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would wait till it's approved and then send in a letter stating that you've made a permanent change to the measurements. Not a big deal.

The more I thought about this last night the more I agree with you. My only rationale was that my eForm 1 was filled out for a 10.5" barrel and has an OAL of 29.5" so at OAL of 20" my barrel would be 1.0", which is highly improbable. The easiest and cheapest solution is to let it process and then send the change letter.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The more I thought about this last night the more I agree with you. My only rationale was that my eForm 1 was filled out for a 10.5" barrel and has an OAL of 29.5" so at OAL of 20" my barrel would be 1.0", which is highly improbable. The easiest and cheapest solution is to let it process and then send the change letter.

1" sbr....lol. my ears are hurting at the thought of this.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You can also switch and swap uppers and buttstocks as long as it's not a permanent change and the rifle can be returned to the configuration listed on the form.

I've never seen or heard of a BATFE agent knocking on anyone's door with a tape measure in their hand.

Got, reply back from ATF today stating either send letter to cancel or wait till approved and send letter changing length.

Latest posts

Top Bottom