Form 1 silencer build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gun$linger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im planning on building a .22 can from scratch out of 6061. Making the thing will be the easy part. I was wondering about the LEO signature. Does anyone know who is NFA friendly in Bartlesville, Washington county? Also because I wanted to get the right forms and have them look nice I ordered them all from the ATF website does anyone know how long it takes for them to come in the mail so I can get them filled out and signed and payd for and start waiting. Good news is Ill be a darn good hoop jumper after I get the hard part (paperwork) done lol. And I really dont want to form a trust or LLC just to get a darn can sorry but Id rather go the individual route unless someone has a good argument against it that I havent realized. Also this is my first time through the gauntlet so any advice is welcome and appreciated.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im planning on building a .22 can from scratch out of 6061. Making the thing will be the easy part. I was wondering about the LEO signature. Does anyone know who is NFA friendly in Bartlesville, Washington county? Also because I wanted to get the right forms and have them look nice I ordered them all from the ATF website does anyone know how long it takes for them to come in the mail so I can get them filled out and signed and payd for and start waiting. Good news is Ill be a darn good hoop jumper after I get the hard part (paperwork) done lol. And I really dont want to form a trust or LLC just to get a darn can sorry but Id rather go the individual route unless someone has a good argument against it that I havent realized. Also this is my first time through the gauntlet so any advice is welcome and appreciated.

You can download the ATF Form 1 and the Citizenship Form from the ATF website (links below). You have to order the FBI fingerprint cards.

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5320-1.pdf

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5330-20.pdf

Can't help you with the NFA friendly CLEO in Bartlesville, Washington county.

Gun$linger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I figured that since I had to order the finger print cards anyways Id get the others at the same time. It was easier than changeing the ink cartridge in my printer. I printed them and they were weak and on crappy paper. If I run into to many problems w/ getting a signature Ill probly go the trust route. Sucks though as there was a LLC I could have used that wasnt doing anything and was done away with. Is a trust a one time thing or does it have to be kept up?

Gun$linger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So if Im charged at the CLEO's for the fingerprints(I assume they charge), and I know Ill be charged for the passport photos it might be cheaper then to go the trust route? With the trust I dont need CLEO signature, fingerprints, or photos right? Ive heard though that I would need to prove the trust is in good standing and that I might be charged somewheres to prove this? ... sigh... those are those hoops I was talking about jumping. Is is cheaper to just set up the trust? It is starting to sound easier thats for sure, I wont have to take off work as much to chase down stuff?

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So if Im charged at the CLEO's for the fingerprints(I assume they charge), and I know Ill be charged for the passport photos it might be cheaper then to go the trust route? With the trust I dont need CLEO signature, fingerprints, or photos right? Ive heard though that I would need to prove the trust is in good standing and that I might be charged somewheres to prove this? ... sigh... those are those hoops I was talking about jumping. Is is cheaper to just set up the trust? It is starting to sound easier thats for sure, I wont have to take off work as much to chase down stuff?

I have never been charged for the fingerprints and you can get the passport photos at WalMart or Walgreens for $7.00. I actually print mine own photos using my digital camera and printer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom