Form 4 questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrguns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am working on the purchase of a MG. I am going to go the Trust route. My questions are for those that have done this before. What kinds of things does the ATF send back the paper work for and what reasons have the person been refused for? Trying to get an idea as to what needs to be done and how best to make sure every thing is up to par with the ATF.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They send it back if it contains information that doesn't match the registry. Sometimes it the most minor things like using "the" in the trust name when the trust name has no "the." Just do your best and if they send it back with an error letter, it isn't the end of the world.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a sample NFA Error Letter to give you an idea of what kind of things cause problems.

www.hunt101.com_data_500_trustengravingnotice.jpg

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So they don't approve you if you have a felony charge? Who knew?!

That is not what I find amusing about it (of course they don't approve you if you have a felony charge). What I find funny is someone with a felony charge thinking that they would get approved. It is not like you wouldn't know if you had these charges.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom