Former FBI Agent Talks About Okla. City Bombing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.koco.com/news/27445613/detail.html

I find this interesting what do you guys think?

OKLAHOMA CITY -- The 16th anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing is just two weeks away, and Eyewitness News 5 explores the question about a possible third suspect in the terrorist act that took 168 lives.

Edmond Police Chief Bob Ricks, a former FBI agent and one of the lead investigators of the bombing, talked about the possibility that a third suspect exists.

Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols were convicted for the bombing in 1997, with McVeigh executed in 2001 and Nichols currently serving 161 life sentences.

Eyewitness News 5 is in possession of a copy of a document that contains conversations and interviews that show Nichols claiming a third person was involved in the bombing.

Ricks said he admits that early on in the investigation, the FBI thought there might be a "John Doe No. 2."

"The artist conception of John Doe No. 2 was released within days after the bombing occurred," Ricks said.

Ricks said a sketch was created that stemmed from a Kansas auto shop where McVeigh rented the infamous Ryder truck, which held the explosives. At the time, Ricks said the people working in the shop thought there was someone else in the room with McVeigh.

One of the distinguishing characteristics was that John Doe No. 2 was wearing a baseball cap, but that ball cap led them to a man who Ricks said had nothing to do with the bombing.

"John Doe No. 2 was just a military individual that was in there with a friend renting a Ryder truck," Ricks said.

But in 2005, FBI agents said Nichols told them "he knew the identity of John Doe No. 2 but refused to reveal the identity."

Nichols told investigators that "he feared for his and his family's well-being."

In a later interview, Nichols told a congressman "that 'clearly' someone else was involved in renting the Ryder truck." And McVeigh's attorney, Stephen Jones, said he agrees. "If you take McVeigh's words at face value and you take the words of the other three employees at Elliot's body shop, there was another person present," Jones said.

Jones said even McVeigh told him someone else was involved, but McVeigh would not tell him the name.

"I think I know why the person was there, but I don't have a name," Jones said.

But Ricks is sticking to his guns and said Nichols is simply seeking attention.

"He has to try and keep this controversy stirred up, or pretty much Terry Nichols is going to crawl in his hole and that's where he's going to remain for the rest of his life," Ricks said.

Although Ricks and Jones disagree about John Doe No. 2, they said they agree that Nichols is a liar and someone who seeks attention.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I've got to say is that there's a lot of discrepancies in the official reports that make me less likely to accept the official story as 100% true.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Inside job.

A simple search for the picture of the pillars with plastic tarps over them should be convincing enough. Then there's the fact the BATF was warned not to come into the office that day. Then you have all the confiscated video footage from surrounding businesses who had cameras pointed in that direction and these videos were not used in the prosecution of Timothy McVeigh. They either show too much or don't show anything. That's your call.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Inside job.

A simple search for the picture of the pillars with plastic tarps over them should be convincing enough. Then there's the fact the BATF was warned not to come into the office that day. Then you have all the confiscated video footage from surrounding businesses who had cameras pointed in that direction and these videos were not used in the prosecution of Timothy McVeigh. They either show too much or don't show anything. That's your call.

And then you have the two "larger" bombs reported shortly thereafter that are later written off as live bombs that were stored by the ATF in a building housing a daycare...

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The more I read, and the more I learn (and the longer I live), the more I'm beginning to understand most of what is fed to us as "official" or "the truth" is pretty much bunk - from history to news.

I've never believed the "official" story of the OKC bombing. There have been too many questions from the beginning.

Outside of all that - my first car was painted by the guy who rented the "infamous Ryder truck". My dad knew him for years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom