Found a deer stand in city limits today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get OnX hunt and you can see who really owns the property and then maybe you can get permission too.
Thx, I probably won't but nice to know that exists. I would feel weird being seen by soccer moms carrying a bow into the woods by a park LOL. Can you imagine carrying the deer out? People would probably freak out. I'm sure whoever is using that stand is hiking in from a different area and/or lives very close.

Shooterj2003

New to the site!
Reaction score
This is not OK,however I cartake 1500 acres in NY,next to it is a Nature conservancy plot of several hundred acres,this is hunted on legally by thier rules, i don’t hunt their land ,rules are wierd ,,no bear hunting,hunting by prearranged appointment only,two weeks before appointments,to me if I get up and want to hunt,then I go,you also have make a daily report online if you go on huniting,weather,people seen,what animals you see etc.I’m sure some people are ok with this,and this is only from memory about the requirements but generally to me a real pita ,I’m not so hard up I need to do that .But not to get off track,I’m hunting my caretaker land and find a ladder stand technically on their side of the line ,but,right on the line looking out over my caretaker cornfield,normally I would not use anther mans stand found anywhere else not sporting,not as stated ,brotherly, however,I used it for a couple hours ,to hunt my land,hopeing the person would show up to talk to him, ( politely) and explain the land lines,he did not show so I left a note by his address,again polite in nature and tone.I believe,he was aware,as Nature Conservancy also gives you maps and info such as landlines etc. He was pushing his luck ,knowingly. But after I wrote him the note the stand was gone.no problem. I caretaker the land,my instructions say , to allow no one to hunt there,

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in OKC city limits. I'm sure my best deer harvesting could be done here on my 7 acre homestead. I think I could even sit on the toilet open the window and take one with my crossbow. Actually.....that's the plan if I ever get desperate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom