Found a new open carry liability

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're right about district 5, but the only reason Cleveland county is not in district 5 is to give that district a better chance at getting a republican rep. If Cleveland county was a part of district 5 it would be a lock every year to be held by a democrat. But that doesn't explain why the oklahoma house districts 44 and 45 are both democrat, and those both cover all of norman. And, as I stated above, Cleveland county was one of 4 who had more Edmondson votes last year.

I'm a Sooner fan 100%, but it doesn't change the fact that most major college campus towns are now a majority left leaning to far left.

If all the liberals are in Norman, why would District 5 need help getting a better chance at getting a Republican Rep? You can, if, but, woulda, shoulda, coulda all day long. The fact remains that District 5 is "bluer" at the end of the day. Lots of glass houses in the OKC area is all I'm saying.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Told you facts would make him angry. He’s been that way ever since his member got ignored. Rumor has it he’s going to come out of the closet and admit he’s an OSU fan later this month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks like OU has a roommate in your head.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If all the liberals are in Norman, why would District 5 need help getting a better chance at getting a Republican Rep? You can, if, but, woulda, shoulda, coulda all day long. The fact remains that District 5 is "bluer" at the end of the day. Lots of glass houses in the OKC area is all I'm saying.

I never said "all" the liberals are in Norman, I said Norman has been left leaning for a long time and its mostly due to the fact that major universities tend to attract left leaning people. And its a known move for drawing district maps to edge minority party held areas into other majority party held areas to minimize their influence.

And this goes back to pstmstr's post: there are a lot of liberals in Norman and they DO tend to congregate around OU.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never said "all" the liberals are in Norman, I said Norman has been left leaning for a long time and its mostly due to the fact that major universities tend to attract left leaning people. And its a known move for drawing district maps to edge minority party held areas into other majority party held areas to minimize their influence.

And this goes back to pstmstr's post: there are a lot of liberals in Norman and they DO tend to congregate around OU.

Sure you get a liberal demographic on college campuses but I found that they were definitely a significantly more vocal demographic. Sorry, it's just not THAT bad from real world experience. But let's say we agree here in the severity and it's commonplace among universities across the land. Norman has an excuse...... what's District 5's excuse? Grown adults that SHOULD know better. Like I said.... glass houses.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But let's say we agree here in the severity and it's commonplace among universities across the land. Norman has an excuse...... what's District 5's excuse? Grown adults that SHOULD know better. Like I said.... glass houses.

Oh I won't argue that point, I agree with you. This was simply that pstmstr wasn't making a dig at OU for it being OU, just the fact that a lot of liberals like to congregate around the campus.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Oh I won't argue that point, I agree with you. This was simply that pstmstr wasn't making a dig at OU for it being OU, just the fact that a lot of liberals like to congregate around the campus.

Exactly, but you might as well let him have the last word. Even when wrong he will argue until he’s “blue” in the face.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Top Bottom