Found lids and bands at ACE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The other day I was at ACE hardware and they had a decent supply of BALL brand bands and lids. They came 6 or 12 to a pack. It was 8.99 for a 12 pack. They also had some pint size BALL jar flats. I believe those were 15.99 A dozen. Had a good supply of some off brand jars but I'm not sure I would trust those to can with. Maybe dry vacuum storage but that's it. I know someone was saying the other day they couldn't find any so thought I'd pass it on.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the day we use to use all kind of jars to can with even mayo jars for pickles and such never paid attention to the brand, and we would go thru 100's in a season.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up a bunch of flats last year. Had plenty of rings and jars.

Have a lot of sand plum jelly left, but short on pickles.
Wanna swap some jelly for pickles?

Growing up, Mom always used Kerr jars/bands. That's still her preference but they are hard to find. Adding bands to my Walmart/Crest shopping list. Like some others, got plenty of bands and jars.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wanna swap some jelly for pickles?

Growing up, Mom always used Kerr jars/bands. That's still her preference but they are hard to find. Adding bands to my Walmart/Crest shopping list. Like some others, got plenty of bands and jars.
If the sand plums don't produce this year, I will use up the jelly stock.

In a little more than a month, I should have some cucumbers.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago when Rubbermaid was Rubbermaid, they were bought by a bigger company called Newell (spelling ?) As an injection molder I watched the conditions go down hill and employees stretched to the limit. Well, Newell purchased Ball . Guess what, canning jars are not a high priority. I'd hazard a guess that they too will not function as well again. Rubbermaid is no longer.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I picked up a bunch of flats last year. Had plenty of rings and jars.

Have a lot of sand plum jelly left, but short on pickles.
i didn't get that many plums last year. i drank all the wine and didn't make any jelly lol. i've got some persimmon pulp leftover, hoping to get my sand plum supply back up but last year seemed like a big year so i'm guessing they won't be as thick this time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom