Found one of my Unicorns....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a short list of guns I will buy on site, should I find them for a reasonable price. This one was very reasonable so I had to. I've always had a soft spot for S&W Autos, the trigger is meh on these but they are just built like tanks. So I've been looking for a 1006 in good condition for a halfway decent price for a LONG time. Gave up a couple of years ago but today was the day apparently. Now if I can just find some mags.... and a 4506 to go along with it.

image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, that one is a beauty. I saw a very nice 3913 down at Big Boys in Mustang not that long ago. I didn't jump on it for some reason, but I wish I had now.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Nice find!

I like the older S&W semi autos especially the stainless versions. My first handgun purchase was a 645.

Sometimes I wish I would of kept that one. I would probably have a collection of at least some of the third generations if I had the funds. They are great range guns and sure nice to look at but too heavy for EDC for me so I'm also a fan of the M&P line of semi autos.

Last edited:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've owned several S&W autos over the years, including both the 1006 and 4506. IMHO, they were too heavy for carry and the grip was just a tad too skinny.

The 645 however, fit my hand better because it had grip panels like a 1911. But again...boat anchor.

Awesome shooters, though. Nice score. :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom