Found Some Forgotten Treasures Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was out going thru a bunch of ammo and other gun stuff today and ran across some interesting stuff. Some really cool WWII era ammo and/or gun-related stuff. Here's a few of things I uncovered from their hiding places:

Not WWII related but cool nevertheless. The PCA Spectrum is polymer .223 ammo. It actually worked quite well in everything I tried it in except a Golani. Almost without fail the case heads separated in that gun. In ARs, though, it was flawless and pretty damn accurate. It's loaded with a 69gr SMK bullet. And who doesn't need some Zombie ammo? Amirite?
Z 1.jpg

I found this selection of different .30-06 ammo from WWII. A couple of different boxes of M2 Ball ammo, armor piercing stuff, blanks, tracers. Neat stuff. Most is headstamped between 1940 and 1945.
Z 2.jpg

Z 3.jpg

Z 5.jpg

And, finally, some bore cleaner from WWII. It seems warning labels aren't a new thing. Notice the prominent "Poison" label and a warning not to use as a food container.
Z 4.jpg

I also opened another box that was unlabeled and I hadn't seen in a long time. Inside was a collection of WWII German mess hall dinnerware. I'm no Nazi sympathizer but I think this sort of stuff is really neat and I love the historical significance of it. One of the most interesting pieces is the very large mugs. You can see how much larger they are than a standard coffee cop. And the fact they're SS marked. The other items have German army or Luftwaffe markings. I see these things as reminders of how brutal some people can be and why we went to war.
DSC_0050 (2).JPG

DSC_0045.JPG

DSC_0051 (2).JPG

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That polymer .223 is great stuff to modify with a shotgun 209 primer and a .22 caliber pellet to use as a single shot garden pest gun. It will mostly penetrate a 2X4.
I copied that design several years ago using brass when it was being sold to shoot around the yard. It's surprisingly accurate and not more noisy than a pellet gun.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The big mugs hold more coffee than even I want to drink at one time! And the smaller ones are too small. Kind of a Goldilocks thing...I need one that's juuuuust right. :)

I have entire place settings of that stuff. I bought it off of eBay back in the 90s. Now, of course, because it's "Nazi" paraphernalia, you can't sell it on eBay because political correctness. People have to get all stupid instead of just recognizing it for what it is...a piece of history from a very dark time.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also found this in a neighbors barn in Olustee. Older man who's since passed. I asked him if I could look around inside his old barn for something and he told me I could and that I could have anything I wanted inside there.

These are a few of the things I found...

Luftwaffe "double decal" helmet from around 1939, I think. No liner and not in great shape but it's still cool. No idea where the holes came from:
Helmet 1.JPG

Helmet 5.JPG

Couple of cool ammo boxes:
Box 1.JPG

Box 2.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom