Found something that I absolutely want to try, the wife says she won't go....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the wife was talking about doing a murder mystery dinner. She loves to watch the channels with all the detectives and forensics and crap while she messes around on her computer. So I found one that would be at least interesting to do as well as a thrill for me.

It's called "Murder in the Mine" the wife was interested and talked about going for a bit. At least till I said that there was one little problem, it's held 650 feet underground. She says absolutely not, no way in &$(* will she go 650 feet underground.

But I am sure there is someone here who may enjoy it or enjoy scarring the crap out of someone they know or live with and want to take them along. It's in Hutchinson KS so not an awful distance from OKC or north of the OKC area and for sure would be worth checking out. They also have some other stuff like a 5K underground run and tours around the mine for those who don't want to do a dinner.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the wife was talking about doing a murder mystery dinner. She loves to watch the channels with all the detectives and forensics and crap while she messes around on her computer. So I found one that would be at least interesting to do as well as a thrill for me.

It's called "Murder in the Mine" the wife was interested and talked about going for a bit. At least till I said that there was one little problem, it's held 650 feet underground. She says absolutely not, no way in &$(* will she go 650 feet underground.

But I am sure there is someone here who may enjoy it or enjoy scarring the crap out of someone they know or live with and want to take them along. It's in Hutchinson KS so not an awful distance from OKC or north of the OKC area and for sure would be worth checking out. They also have some other stuff like a 5K underground run and tours around the mine for those who don't want to do a dinner.

It's the salt mine in Hutchinson. You wife wouldn't be scared there. It's an amazing place. A cousin owns a print shop in town and stores his paper, etc in the mine. Hollywood stores classic film movies and the government stores important records there as well. When I went there mushrooms were a big business in one of the tunnels.
Seriously, it's not much different than going to an indoor mall where you can't see outside.
There was a place in Catoosa Ok that did the murder mystery dinner thing a while back. Not sure if they still are.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is one in OKC at the Skirvin as well though the one in the mine just sounds so interesting. But she is claustrophobic to a point and doesn't think she could handle it so she won't even think about trying. Oh well I guess I will just have to go it alone or find someone else who is interested in doing it and just leave her at home with the dog.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might check out the Yellow Rose Theater in Moore --- it's on S 4th, west of I-35. They usually have a murder/mystery show on their schedule. I hear that the food is pretty good, also.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is one in OKC at the Skirvin as well though the one in the mine just sounds so interesting. But she is claustrophobic to a point and doesn't think she could handle it so she won't even think about trying.
Mike Rowe did one of his Dirty Jobs episodes in a Kansas salt mine. IIRC, the salt mines aren't like coal mines, being rather open, albeit with low ceilings. My recollection is that they looked more like big basements than mines. If you can find that episode and show her, that might help.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amazing indeed.

When I was a kid, Reader's Digest had a story about a similar occurrence (in Alaska IIRC?), where a lake emptied for no known reason. It also refilled a few days later, and one boat that had disappeared popped back up.

They suspected the lake had leaked into an underground cavern, which then collapsed and forced the water back up into the lake again.

Weird and fascinating stuff. :drunk2:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was stationed at Ft Leavenworth Ks, there was an old coal mine with an entrance on the Missouri River. Paddle wheelers used to stop there for a load of coal on their journeys.
They built the town on top of the old mine that wasn’t very deep underground. Occasionally a sink hole will form in a street or yard. More of a nuisance than anything.
http://www.leavenworthtimes.com/article/20110416/NEWS/304169940?template=ampart

Latest posts

Top Bottom