Fox 25 News - "Concealed Carry Crash Courses"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And thats the thing, until this Nov, it was 10 students per instructor, which is why H&H and the like have 6 guys come in, they are all "instructors", so they can run 60 people through a single class. So a lot of those two hour guys, probably only had 2 students. Part of the safety portion, every student is supposed to demonstrate loading and unloading a revolver, semi-auto etc, and given time until they are comfortable. Dry firing, be taught grip, breathing control, Isosceles and Weaver stance, etc. As far as filling those 8 hours, thats why H&H has 6 guys up there telling you there been there done that stories. If a guy had two students from OSA, that **** would go pretty quick.

N8, that comment wasnt directed at you, but I have seen people complain about instructors not doing the 8 hours of instruction before, who do support constitutional carry.

If you meant to write exactly what I highlighted, you are mistaken. Students are required to load and fire only the weapon with which they are qualifying, they are not required to demonstrate loading. unloading or firing any other type of weapon. If they qualify with a semi auto, they are not required to touch a revolver or derringer.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently became certified to be an SDA instructor, my packet is dated Oct 2.
The attached is a copy of the Intent to Conduct Training Notification; looks like they expect it to be exactly 8 hours.

I guess the legislators had to come up with some standard, but to think it's always going to come out to exactly 8 hours seems pretty silly.

Attachments

• training-doc.jpg
    training-doc.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 221

Latest posts

Top Bottom