Fox

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Leg looks like a rabbit as well.
We have lots of Red Fox around Ponca.
Back in the day, there was a fox and hound club that brought in fox for that sport.
Some survived and bred to bring the population to where it is now.
Some live in the local refinery. They are almost tame and fed by the employees.
Years ago I had to drive around the perimeter of the refinery on the way to work before daylight. Saw them several times crossing the road

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I retired from Sun Refinery in Tulsa. We always had two or three fox dens in the tank farm, where they would raise their young. We also had at times literally over 100 Canadian Geese, nesting there. None of these animals were afread of people as long as they stayed in a vehicle. we would feed them, and the tank farm was fenced, and paroled, which just about eliminated predictors. Neat to watch these amimals and the progress of the young. I was driving in the tank farm one day, saw a huge gathering of geese. so I pulled up to see what they were doing. there was a puddle of watrer in the road, and it was full of tadpoles. These geese were chowing down on these tadpoles! I didn't know they are meat, but these seemed to like tadpoles!

Latest posts

Top Bottom