Frankford Arsenal M-press similar to Co-Ax

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chime in at 20 minutes and watch him size some .308.. he must use 2 hands.
Better lube needed or the press leverage is not so great.

He tossed his spent primers in the trash!!
I recycle mine for money.
I would like the Redding competition seater die.
You can have the press.
I have done many machine gun fired .308 cases in my Lee classic cast and did not need 2 hands and looked to go smoother than this press by a lot.

I am not impressed yet.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear ya swampratt. I'd like to feel one for myself before buying. Same goes for the Forster Co-Ax. What I do like about them is the easy access moving cases on and off the press. The priming system on the CoAx doesn't really excite me much.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not know what the priming system is ..I got used to my Lee priming system on the classic cast press.
Something else that bothers me is the die moves up a tick to take up the slack because of the quick change bushings.

It probably does not make any accuracy difference but in my mind all that moving up and down will eventually wear on things especially with that much force.
It may only be .0005" after 1500 loaded stiff rounds and not make any accuracy difference but I just like my stuff to stay solid.

I have a Lee 4 hole turret press that I run in manual mode and it has the tiny bit of take up slack and I can't bring myself to load my utmost accurate rounds on it.
That is left for my other press that things stay locked up tight.

But again there is the other side of the coin.
That tiny bit of slack could in fact help the die line up better with the case.

New wiz bang stuff is sure enough eye candy and I almost got some eye candy years ago I wanted a ABU Sweden made 7000.

I almost plunked the cash down on it, a brand new one.
My cousin would out cast my #9 Penn by 15-20 feet with his 7000 but I had a stiff 6 foot solid fiberglass rod and he had a 14 foot Fenwick.

I caught just as much fish as he did and thought to myself why do i need to spend almost $130 to catch a stupid fish when I have caught more fish on a Zebco 33 than any other reel.

My Lee classic cast gets the job done just fine and I do not need to spend more to make the same thing happen.
I have a rock chucker from I think 1974 and I do not like it as much as my Lee.
I usually loan the rock chucker to friends when they think they want to get into reloading.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know how new of a whizz bang eye candy it is. As far as the functionality anyhow. This is a kinda copy of the Forster CoAx and the Forster CoAx is kinda a copy of a Bonanza coaxial press. I believe Forster bought Bonanza.

Latest posts

Top Bottom